Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kersey Management

Anyone have experience with Andrew Kersey of Kersey Management? Thanks.

Kersey

Good guy. Smart. Has decent contacts but is pretty young in his career as a manager. I believe he's set up a couple of projects but I can't remember the details. He LOVES comedy.

Was with 3 Arts and then Mostow/Lieberman I believe before striking out on his own.

Comment

Re: Kersey

Hi gman

Did a search on moviebytes - nothing came up on Kersey Management or Andrew Kersey re: projects he's set up. Can you recall where you got your info?

Edit - found some info see my other post

Comment

Night Fugue,

Found this on Movie Bytes. A writer repped by him:

MovieBytes Interview:
        Screenwriter Lisa Rothstein

An interview with screenwriter Lisa Rothstein regarding the Screenwriting Expo Writing Competition.
        Q: What's the title of the script you entered in this contest, and what's it about?

A: The script is a romantic comedy called BRIT OR MISS. It's about a down-on-his-luck British scoundrel who escapes to a high-class New England town to seduce a wealthy American widow. Because he's British, everybody treats him like royalty, even though he's just a plumber.

Q: What made you enter this particular contest? Have you entered any other contests with this script? If so, how did you do?

A: I entered Screenwriting Expo because I am a subscriber and a big fan of Creative Screenwriting Magazine, which organizes the competition and the not-to-be-missed 4-day Screenwriting Expo in LA. I also thought I might have a good chance because the contest was fairly new and there might be a bit less competition! BRIT OR MISS ended up winning the Comedy/Family/Animation Genre Prize. It was also a Top 12 Finalist in Slamdance, a Semi-finalist in the Chesterfield and an Austin second-rounder (top 10%) in a previous year.

Q: Were you satisfied with the adminstration of the contest? Did they meet their deadlines? Did you receive all the awards that were promised?

A: I was assured that my script had been received, and was notified by email of my semi-finalist status, which I thought was better than snail mail, especially since it allowed me to start communicating with Jim Mercurio, an editor of CS and one of the admisitrators of the contest. The only nit I had was that I found out about being a finalist and being flown out to LA for Expo 2 only a couple of weeks before the event, which made getting there a challange, as I live in France! But I forced myself. I've received all the booty I was promised. One of the best was a staged reading at the Expo of my script. Frank Chindamo of ScreenwritersInc. produced it. It was a thrill to hear my words performed--very well-- by very good actors, even though I wanted to die during the love scenes. I just want to say to writers, whether you enter the Screenwriting Competition or not, you really should go to the Expo. It's got the same level of events, networking opportunities and great speakers you get at similar screenwriters' conventions like Austin and the ASA Selling to Hollywood conference, but it's ridiculously cheap, around $50. I had a great time, Eric Bauer, Jim Mercurio and their team do a fantastic job of running the conference (I understand the organization was mich improved over the first year) and neither has paid me for this plug. Yet.

Q: Were you given any feedback on your script? If so, did you find the feedback helpful?

A: If having my ego stroked is helpful, I have to say an emphatic yes! I was lucky enough to have been read by some people who really had heart for the script. One (I don't know who) even compared it to "Some Like it Hot". I did receive some feedback. but it was informal. I don't know what would have happened had the script not made it to the Finals. No, wait..I do. I had entered another script, a comedy called HEIR OF THE DOG, which didn't place. I forgot all about it. After the Expo, I got the form "Thanks for entering" rejection with a hand-written note from Jim saying, "Sorry. You lost to yourself." I think that entrants' getting a paragraph of feedback would make this contest even better, and more in line with CS's dedication to educating new writers. Of course it would take more work, and putting on the Expo must already be a huge process.

Q: Has your success in this contest helped you market your script? Were you contacted by any agents, managers or producers?

A: I've had a number of people, some from large companies and studios, ask to read the script, most of whom have not gotten back to me yet. I pitched a couple of people at the Expo pitchfest, which resulted in some script requests and an option offer I turned down. I've also since had a flurry of inquiries from small companies. It seems like everyone's a producer.

I did get a couple of bona fide offers of representation and now have a wonderful manager, Andrew Kersey. He's fielding the inquiries now which is saving me a lot of stress and overseas postage!

Q: What's your background? Have you written any other screenplays or television scripts?

A: BRIT OR MISS was my first script. I've since completed two more and am working on a fourth right now. They're all comedies or romantic comedies (even the 3 or 4 other half-finished ones that are propping up my bed) so I guess I've found my niche. Up until now, my professional background has been mostly as a copywriter and creative director in advertising. Though before that I did do a stint as a street performer in NYC and just finished a 2-month gig singing Christmas carols at Disneyland Paris in a Santa suit. It's good practice for being humilated at pitch meetings.

Q: Do you live in Los Angeles? If not, do you have any plans to move there?

A: I've been living in Paris for 11 years, and it is a hard place to leave. But everyone says you really have to be in LA, at least at the beginning. I am planning to go for an extended stay (I just can't seem to say "move") this Spring. Manager Andrew Kersey says he has big plans for me. (Gee, I wonder how you breathe in that Minnie Mouse suit.) Anybody want to trade their place in Santa Monica for a Paris flat on the Left Bank?

Q: What's next? Are you working on a new script?

A: Andrew has asked for a rewrite of a comedy that I wrote this summer to get it ready to show. I am also working on a new romantic comedy that deals with -- ahem -- reproductive issues. I'm basing it on a friend's experience, as I have none of my own. That I remember.

Comment

www.hollywoodbythebay.com...w2004.html

Andrew Kersey, Literary Manager

Andrew Kersey began his career at management and production powerhouse 3Arts Entertainment. After three years he became a development executive at Mostow/Liebman (TERMINATOR 3, U 571, BREAKDOWN) in the Universal lot. In the summer of 2002 he created Kersey Management, where he implemented projects at Fox Searchlight and Davis Entertainment (I ROBOT) and has clients working with such producers as David Friendly (BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE, DR. DOLITTLE), Barry Josephson (MEN IN BLACK 1&2) and Red Wagon (GLADIATOR, SPYGAME).

Comment

I emailed Kersey Mgt, Saturday, with a query, log and synopsis.

An hour later he responded requesting the script to be sent electronically (to a yahoo e-addy). I emailed back asking if I could snail-mail a hard copy, requesting his address. And I still haven't heard back.

Good sign? Bad sign?

I can email a PDF file but, as a rule, I prefer to send a hard copy. However, I'm really hesitant to send to a yahoo addy.

Opines, anyone?

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. Send it as a PDF. Scripts are emailed all the time now, and he is a legit manager, despite the yahoo addy.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: Kersey Management

What is Andrew Kersey's e-mail address?

Thanks!

Comment

Kersey Management. 1409 North Alta Vista Blvd, #304 Los Angeles, CA 90046 Telephone: (323) 850-8818 Email: [email protected]

Got this of Google so I don`t think I`ll be stepping on to many toes.

The Ghost
                  "And on the seventh day, the Lord God Screenwriter looked upon the universe he had created and saw that it was perfect, and so he rested."

Comment

According to a database I have access to (which is not always accurate), he represents the following clients:

Brent Askari, Russ Chasney, Mark Garbett, Chum Langhorne, Tim Mullen, Tom Mullen, Lisa Rothstein

The address could be a mail drop, but that's not unusual for businesses in L.A.

The guy could be legit, young, and hungry. It probably wouldn't hurt to let him make a few calls for you if he likes your script, but always proceed with caution -- anyone can call themselves a manager and past working experience and credits are easily inflated.

Maybe you could google the above writers and find an email address for one and get their opinion of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X