Thread: Love interests
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #9
WritersBlock2010

Default Re: Love interests

I'm all for bucking conventions...

But there is a reason love is "tacked on" to almost every single genre and it has nothing to do with the fact 50% of the audience is female like I said earlier:

Code:
PARRISH I know it's a cornball thing but love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? I say fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. (a moment) Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love -- well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived.
And before someone chimes with a smart-ass comment trying be "cute"...

The point is this is the kind of emotion you have to tap into if you are writing about love. In any capacity. You don't have to wear (write with) your heart on your sleeve, but you have to at least understand and articulate it in a similar degree. Love is one of the human conditions/emotions universal for every human being on the planet. It's what we fight about, fight against and makes everything worth fighting for in the end. It's why humans fight to overcome obstacles with the hope of becoming better people in the end... Which is exactly what Bellabell's story is about