No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I need an agent?

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
    Wait... this is a series, as in TV show or Feature? [rhetorical question... you'll see why below]

Regardless, you already have 2 scripts of the SAME sh!t. YOU may be super excited about this project, but that doesn't mean anyone REAL will be. Every last one of us BELIEVES, in our soul, that what we're writing could be successful, or we wouldn't have written it.

Point: You're already WAAAAAAAAY ahead of yourself by actually writing script 2 in the "series." This is a writer 101 rookie mistake, if there ever was one. Because writing anything GREAT takes a fukk ton of TIME. You said you have 12 total. DO NOT WRITE THE REMAINING 10 scripts and assume ANYONE will read them all and say "YOU ARE BRILLIANT!" The fact that you have 2 completed already SCREAMS "I have no idea, NONE, about how the industry actually works and haven't bothered to research it... they should BEND THE RULES for me!" You know who they bend the rules for? An author who's sold 10 million copies. Have you done that?

I have a show going out now... I *could* write all 8 episodes of season 1, I'm capable of it. But it ain't smart to do so. IF someone pays me to do it, I will. You write just enough for them to decide if they want you to and nothing more (unless, again, you enjoy wasting your time and annoying people). Annoying people? YES! You ask someone to read 12 scripts and they're gonna instantly BLOCK your email addy as someone who is delusional. Your own rep wouldn't read 12 fukkin scripts of the SAME story. And if this is a feature... dude... you're WAY WAY WAY ahead of yourself, 11 sequels? Seriously??? You honestly think THAT'S the smart way to attack this?

Here's my thing. People here have been giving you EXCELENT advice and you don't seem to give a sh!t. I'm not sure I've seen you thank anyone.

You seem SUPER GREEN (Asking questions about agents, like they'd be tripping over themselves to read 12 scripts... I promise you [don't believe me] they WILL NOT). It is INCREDIBLY hard to land a ***LEGIT*** agent. You come across, to me, like you think you could just walk your 12 script into CAA, they read all 12, then you just waltz into Pixar and they're like "Yup... here's a billion dollars, we're making all 12."

I'm pulling out of giving you anymore advice unless you begin to thank people for their time and effort in trying to HELP YOU not make stupid rookie mistakes. Again, you were considering sending your sh!t to a fukkin PO BOX. You did ZERO research about that person. And it doesn't seem to phase you how completely OFF THE MARK you are.

Once your 12 movies come out you can throw it back in my face. But, If I were a rep (and I was one, kinda) I'd instantly pass on you.

Good luck!

ps... the reason I bothered to write this at all is for brand new writers lurking. DON'T DO what this person is doing. PROMISE YOU!

--GUCCI OUT--
    All you can say to this is, Yup!

And before anyone jumps down his throat for being harsh, it's definitely not. This is the kind of tough love people need to hear to shock them out of their stupors. Hopefully the OP reads this and really thinks on it, because there's nothing but truth here.

Comment

Wait... this is a series, as in TV show or Feature? [rhetorical question... you'll see why below]

Regardless, you already have 2 scripts of the SAME sh!t. YOU may be super excited about this project, but that doesn't mean anyone REAL will be. Every last one of us BELIEVES, in our soul, that what we're writing could be successful, or we wouldn't have written it.

Point: You're already WAAAAAAAAY ahead of yourself by actually writing script 2 in the "series." This is a writer 101 rookie mistake, if there ever was one. Because writing anything GREAT takes a fukk ton of TIME. You said you have 12 total. DO NOT WRITE THE REMAINING 10 scripts and assume ANYONE will read them all and say "YOU ARE BRILLIANT!" The fact that you have 2 completed already SCREAMS "I have no idea, NONE, about how the industry actually works and haven't bothered to research it... they should BEND THE RULES for me!" You know who they bend the rules for? An author who's sold 10 million copies. Have you done that?

I have a show going out now... I *could* write all 8 episodes of season 1, I'm capable of it. But it ain't smart to do so. IF someone pays me to do it, I will. You write just enough for them to decide if they want you to and nothing more (unless, again, you enjoy wasting your time and annoying people). Annoying people? YES! You ask someone to read 12 scripts and they're gonna instantly BLOCK your email addy as someone who is delusional. Your own rep wouldn't read 12 fukkin scripts of the SAME story. And if this is a feature... dude... you're WAY WAY WAY ahead of yourself, 11 sequels? Seriously??? You honestly think THAT'S the smart way to attack this?

Here's my thing. People here have been giving you EXCELENT advice and you don't seem to give a sh!t. I'm not sure I've seen you thank anyone.

You seem SUPER GREEN (Asking questions about agents, like they'd be tripping over themselves to read 12 scripts... I promise you [don't believe me] they WILL NOT). It is INCREDIBLY hard to land a ***LEGIT*** agent. You come across, to me, like you think you could just walk your 12 script into CAA, they read all 12, then you just waltz into Pixar and they're like "Yup... here's a billion dollars, we're making all 12."

I'm pulling out of giving you anymore advice unless you begin to thank people for their time and effort in trying to HELP YOU not make stupid rookie mistakes. Again, you were considering sending your sh!t to a fukkin PO BOX. You did ZERO research about that person. And it doesn't seem to phase you how completely OFF THE MARK you are.

Once your 12 movies come out you can throw it back in my face. But, If I were a rep (and I was one, kinda) I'd instantly pass on you.

Good luck!

ps... the reason I bothered to write this at all is for brand new writers lurking. DON'T DO what this person is doing. PROMISE YOU!

--GUCCI OUT--
      Holy crap is this 100% right on the money. Bravo.

Comment

I think from googling, I found your amazon page, so it appears you wrote books already. Maybe go the other way and try to get the book world more interested in your stories and maybe express your interest in getting these stories adapted into movies.

I think what you're trying to do now won't work well.

Even if someone wrote Harry Potter today in script form -- it would be hard for Hollywood to fall in love with it and buy it. They want to adapt the books and then make the movie themselves with pro writers.

So I'd go that way if this is your obsession.

If you want to be a screenwriter, I'd encourage you to write your own original story by yourself. Not based on anything else. Just your imagination.

Comment

Good luck!

--GUCCI OUT--
          Legitimately solid advice.

The reason I asked about how much of the script you want to send out was written by your co-writer is, because a manager wants to SEE YOUR WRITING, not someone who rewrote your original. It doesn't sound like your co-writer is looking to get a manager WITH you, so I'm curious...

Does you co-writer have a manager?
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I realize a manager would want to see my own writing, but it's just the draft I had before was never nearly as good as the latest one that was rewritten and I want the best chance as possible to get it made.

And I don't think my co-writer has a manager but that is likely because he doesn't need one. He is already an established writer.

Comment

Didn't even make a dent. 😆

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
                Didn't even make a dent. 😆
                HA! Nope...

Why do I picture the Terminator emerging from a massive fireball on a motorcycle completely unfazed. Ha!
                Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

And still not a single "thank you"!

Comment

No one thanks me either for my brilliant posts most of the time -- you guys are being a bit too needy. I'm just saying -- lighten up, Francis.

The OP I believe is a younger person who just doesn't know and maybe doesn't understand at all how this all works and sometimes what happens in this place is everyone loses their mind.

That's why my post was trying to steer her away from Hollywood as I don't see it going well for her.

I'm just saying, I guess my dad instincts kicked in here and I just want to say maybe assume the person got lost in the wrong town and show her the way out or give her directions on how to find the right town. Not set her car on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by figment
                      None of us are trying to bring you down as much as we're trying to wake you up.
                      Following Bono's lead, I did a bit of Googling and have come away with the impression that this is not possible.

Comment

That is what I was trying to get at Doc. THANK YOU for saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
                          Following Bono's lead, I did a bit of Googling and have come away with the impression that this is not possible.
                          I did the same. Same conclusion. Moving on.

Comment

Same... moving on. Good on you, Bono, for trying to protect her.
                            Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Good on you, Bono, for trying to protect her.
                              Yes. You're a good dude, Bono.

Comment

Working...
                              X