No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New York Is Better Than LA

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
    That's a bit of an understatement When I was lucky enough to be living in Manhattan, my car was my Metrocard. I walked everywhere or took the subway and it was tremendous. Can't wait to live there again, I'm hoping it hasn't returned to Dinkins era bullshit before I get there.

So, do you prefer the totalitarian bullshit of Giuliani?
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
      So, do you prefer the totalitarian bullshit of Giuliani?
      Who hasn't been mayor for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Schuster View Post
        Who hasn't been mayor for a very long time.

Exactly my point.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
          Not really. Depends on the borough. In Brooklyn, there's a lot of new residential buildings being built. Also, Queens and Staten Island are more suburban than urban.

Yes, really. It's just a fact. New York has the highest population density in the country (S.F. is second). Its population density is 3 times higher than L.A. (26K people per sq. mile to 8K). Of course some areas are less populous than others. That's true of any city. El Segundo is less dense than Hollywood here. Doesn't change the fact that N.Y. is far fore crowded and compact.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
            Yes, really. It's just a fact. New York has the highest population density in the country (S.F. is second). Its population density is 3 times higher than L.A. (26K people per sq. mile to 8K). Of course some areas are less populous than others. That's true of any city. El Segundo is less dense than Hollywood here. Doesn't change the fact that N.Y. is far fore crowded and compact.
            El Segundo always makes me think of that Tribe Called Quest song, "I left my wallet in El Segundo."

Comment

Originally posted by grumpywriter View Post
              El Segundo always makes me think of that Tribe Called Quest song, "I left my wallet in El Segundo."
              Excellent fun poked at that in The Ladykillers (2004).
              “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Setting aside the outer boroughs (the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn), Manhattan is quite small. When I was 12 or 13, my friend and I walked from the Bronx all the way to the Village, taking Broadway and then Fifth Avenue. Took us only a few hours. It's a vertical city, of course, unlike L.A., which is spread way out, from coast to desert.

Comment

But that's true if you're talking about the city. If you live near Nassau County, like I do, it doesn't seem that dense.

Comment

Working...
                  X