Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Letter Response Time

How long should I give an email query letter before I should assume it's a 'pass'?

What's the average response time folks have had? A week? A month?

Re: Query Letter Response Time

I know it's challenging but if you can just do your best to just send it and them immediately forget it.
    "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

I'm all about forgetting it. I'm just curious what some of the other folks have experienced when sending out queries.

Comment

PaleWriter -

And feel free to call and follow up on the query after a reasonable time.
        Stupid tv. Be more funny - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I'd say a few days is normal. Anything beyond a week is probably a pass.
          This corresponds exactly to my experience.
          Blog: http://writinglounge.blogspot.com
          Email: kidcharlemagne108[at]yahoo[dot]co[uk]

"What is your greatest ambition? To become immortal and then die." - Breathless

Comment

Agree. A "yes, please send" is usually rather quick.

Julie Gray

Comment

After getting a request to see your script, how long do you guys wait to "check in" with the requester if you haven't heard anything back?

Comment

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
                After getting a request to see your script, how long do you guys wait to "check in" with the requester if you haven't heard anything back?
                I usually always follow-up at about 4-6 weeks. Always follow-up, lips. That's when you can do your communicating and they'll probably be more receptive and open since they'll see you're patient and see you know how the process works and won't be hounding them.

That's just me.

Corona
                I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Originally posted by Jcorona View Post
                  I usually always follow-up at about 4-6 weeks. Always follow-up, lips. That's when you can do your communicating and they'll probably be more receptive and open since they'll see you're patient and see you know how the process works and won't be hounding them.
                  Aside that you're being polite etc., what would be the point, really? You sent them a cold query, they do not know you, they do not care too much about you. They'd be "more receptive and open" to what? If they want to purchase / option your screenplay they would do that and if they don't you're in the can altoghether with your masterpiece?

Or am I missing something?
                  "The writer is the most important person in Hollywood, but we must never tell the sons of bitches." -- Irving G. Thalberg

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost22 View Post
                    Aside that you're being polite etc., what would be the point, really? You sent them a cold query, they do not know you, they do not care too much about you.
                    I'm talking about after sending a requested script, GreyGhost.

Yes, being polite, professional ect. is what I was referring to.

Originally posted by GreyGhost22 View Post
                    They'd be "more receptive and open" to what?
                    To possibly talking. Especially if they passed but thought your writing (talent) was (is) good. It might lead to an open invitation to query for future work at a direct e-mail address to the person and possibly lead to a long lasting relationship. Stuff like that.

Corona
                    I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                    I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Working...
                    X