Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazing Spider-man trailer

Here's my review of this one if anyone cares to read: http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazin...er-man-review/
    Quato Lives!

Comment

I really liked this movie...

Of course spidey's origin story being retold felt familiar, but it also felt better handled than Raimi's version.

Garfield is exceptional as Peter. Far better than Toby Maguire. Emma Stone is beautiful and Charming as Gwen. And the two have great chemistry together.

My only Gripe was the lizards plot to turn all of New York into Dinosaurs. It felt a little tacked on and needed to be fleshed out more.

But a great effort that has enough going for it to feel fresh.
      http://www.mortalremainsthemovie.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal_Remains View Post
        My only Gripe was the lizards plot to turn all of New York into Dinosaurs. It felt a little tacked on and needed to be fleshed out more.
        Am I complete geek that that particular plot point was actually done in the Spider-Man comic (Marvel Team-Up, I think, and the villain was Stegron, though I cannot remember who Spidey teamed up with to defeat him)?

HH

Comment

Was it the same villainous plot device in the live action Mario movie??
          http://www.mortalremainsthemovie.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mgwriter View Post
            Agreed, Spidey is supposed to be witty not whiny.
            Nothing is supposed to be. Judge movies in and of themselves. Upon doing that, you will realize the greatness of Spider-Man 1 and the masterpiece that is Spider-Man 2.

F__k the third one. Doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
              A bit shallow aren't ya.

I don't necessarily agree with the rationale, but I do with the point itself. In the comics, Mary Jane is supposed to be a gorgeous model. Dunst (IMO), doesn't give off that vibe. Of course Stone is playing Gwen Stacy, not MJ, so it's not exactly apples to oranges. But I do agree Stone fits the part far better than Dunst did.

Comment

It seems to me obvious that The Amazing Spider-Man got a huge last minute recut.
                A lot of guesswork in this article, but interesting to see how it may have differed from the original shooting script -

http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/05/w...ng-spider-man/

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                  I don't necessarily agree with the rationale, but I do with the point itself. In the comics, Mary Jane is supposed to be a gorgeous model. Dunst (IMO), doesn't give off that vibe. Of course Stone is playing Gwen Stacy, not MJ, so it's not exactly apples to oranges. But I do agree Stone fits the part far better than Dunst did.
                  I never liked the fact that Peter married a 'gorgeous model' in the first place. He was supposed to be the dorky everyman type. Everymans don't marry supermodels. I never liked that angle on her.

I love the first Spider-man and maybe it was my low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. It struck a lot of the same chords with me as the original and had moments of the same impact.

The stuff in the opening was so well done, I actually wish they hadn't bothered with the super villian stuff at all. Despite bending over backwards to connect these two characters, Spiders and lizard blended like oil and water. I would have like it better if it were just about Peter becoming a masked vigilante and taking down criminals while being hunted by the police, headed by his girlfriends father. I understand they've gotta sell action figures, but I thought the Lizard battles looked silly and the action set pieces were uninspired. I liked everything other than that though, and I really didn't expect to. So overall, good job.
                  "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                  - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                    Nothing is supposed to be. Judge movies in and of themselves. Upon doing that, you will realize the greatness of Spider-Man 1 and the masterpiece that is Spider-Man 2.

F__k the third one. Doesn't exist.
                    I noticed that about the third one. It doesn't exist at all.
                    "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                    - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

i know everyone was waiting my verdict, so here it is:

it's a surprisingly dark, grounded origin story hampered by a poor villain and weak plot. i'd give it 2.5 stars.

i really liked garfield and stone, but emma's character (gwen stacey) was one of the most illogical and inconsistent love interests i've seen in a long time. talk about shoe horning a love story. why did gwen suddenly take such a strong interest in peter parker? why wasnt she creeped the eff out when he showed up on her balcony?

and SPOILERS

how the hell was she not pissed off at him after her dad was killed? in the comics, she blamed him for his death, and that wouldve been a lot more interesting to watch then her coming over to his house and basically still being there for him.

what i loved about sam raimi's first two movies was how he showed how difficult being spider-man was. spidey had to give up the love of his life to do what he does, this spidey has no such stakes. he gets it all: the powers, the cool suit, the girl, hell, even popularity.

spider-man was never supposed to be popular. he's a nerdy guy with bug powers. why was flash thompson talking to him at the end?

i dunno, a lot of this just fell really flat and wrong to me.

and i'm not even going to address the villain. turning NYC into lizards??? wtf!!!?!

anyways, the visuals of him swinging through NYC's skyline were worth the price of admission alone for me. and garfield definitely knows how to act, so his peter parker is now the definitive version for me.

Comment

Lock Thread

Comment

Working...
                        X