Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn Weaver

I noticed on his site that they do not accept unsolicited emails or phone calls. Has anyone been able to get a project in to them regardless of this? Maybe queried them anyway and gotten them to look at something? Thanks
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Re: Brooklyn Weaver

Even when they did have an e-query form, I got the standard "thanks but no thanks" reply from them.

Comment

place in any major contest and they'll call you... easy, right?

toakel

Comment

Last year they read two of my scripts, but they passed on both. Prompt and courteous, though.

Comment

place in any major contest and they'll call you... easy, right?

toakel
          I placed in Scriptapalooza's TV, is that major enough to contact them?
          "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

A year and a half ago I queried Brooklyn, he requested the script, read it & passed.

Shortly after, like a coupel of weeks later, I started working with another manager who thought the same script had promise.

So ... go figure.
            Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Shortly after, like a coupel of weeks later, I started working with another manager who thought the same script had promise.

So ... go figure.
              Yeah sc111, I totally hear you on that. It's crazy how one person can pass then you meet 1 or 2 more that might be crazy about it. Funny how tates are soooo different.

Thanks scriptwriterNYC for the PM. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by writerly
                ... is a_________

FILL IN THE BLANK.
                Care to elaborate? Just curious.

Comment

Regarding various tastes on the same material, I've had scripts where agent after agent have passed, then got "awesome" studio coverage, at which point a previous agent called to say they loved the script and it sold.

Comment

Brooklyn Weaver's mailshot?
                    The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Energy Entertainment
                      999 N. Doheny Dr. #711
                      Los Angeles, CA 90069
                      Office: 310-274-3440

They say they don't accept unsolicited queries....
                      http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

business must be slow...

to be serious for a moment, how often do agents go straight into studios? If agents are passing, go to producers.
                        The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Eh. Energy left a lot to be desired when I was with them. My two cents. They're big on pay days, and if your script isn't that, well you quickly drop in stock. Left them earlier this year for someone who actually gives a lick of interest in my career, not a one-shot 10%.

Comment

Yep, I had the same experience rock. I was with him for almost a year and he "repped" two of my projects" until we both agreed to part ways... With new writers he's all about churn & burn, so if you have the million dollar idea that he thinks will sell fast, he's your best friend. But as soon as two people pass on that idea he loses all interest and says he can't do anything with it. Perhaps that's not the way he operates with the handful of established writers he has on his roster... but for new writers, it's tough getting any attention beyond that first big high-concept spec.

And his notes are really lacking. I've been repped by two other smaller firms as well and both of those firms give notes that blow his away. His idea of notes is basically calling you up and having a 5-minute conversation on how things need to "pop" more but then giving no specifics on what exactly that means. It was very frustrating.

I guess it works for him as he's had lots of sales... it will be intereesting to see if he can ever get over that hump of being a manager who sells lots of things that never ever get made.

Comment

They like quirky though, I'll tell you that much.
                              I've looked on their site and the projects they're developing don't exactly look "quirky" to me, they look like anything else being made/developed.

Comment

Working...
                              X