No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhonda Bloom -- Plumeria Entertainment Management

I've heard great things about her.

Just seeing if anyone has more info as I can't find much doing my usual research.

Thanks.

Re: Rhonda Bloom -- Plumeria Entertainment Management

If you read trackingb.com, a writer who got honorable mention in their screenwriting contest is repped by her. He has a spec out right now that's generating MAJOR interest. Note, however, that he is also repped by UTA and he got those agents himself (he had mentioned this in a post on the site). So...not sure if Rhonda or UTA are the ones responsible for the script's heat.

Comment

I'm the writer.

Rhonda Bloom and UTA (I signed with Rhonda in early May, UTA in July) are the best things that have happened to my career.

They've worked amazingly well together to launch me and though I can't give many specifics now, I'm confident that a major breakthrough is on the horizon.

Development is her strong suit...that's the world she came out of (she is a former VP for Paula Weinstein's Spring Creek productions). As far as going "out" with a spec, she can do it, but she prefers to get a major agency onboard to take it out to the town and then coordinate with them to augment their efforts to that end.

It's true I made the initial contact with UTA myself. My agent served on an advisory board for a Writing Fellowship I won a few years ago and I played that card to generate the read. The first thing the agent said was "have your manager call me" and they've been working in unison ever since.

Rhonda also represents Kelly Masterson, the writer of the excellent Sidney Lumet film BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD.

She is one of the most honest and hard working people I've ever met in any walk of life and anybody would be lucky to have her as a manager.
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Joe,thanks for sharing your experiences. I hope one day soon to find a manager like yours. Congrats and good luck
        826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
          I'm the writer.

Rhonda Bloom and UTA (I signed with Rhonda in early May, UTA in July) are the best things that have happened to my career.

They've worked amazingly well together to launch me and though I can't give many specifics now, I'm confident that a major breakthrough is on the horizon.

Development is her strong suit...that's the world she came out of (she is a former VP for Paula Weinstein's Spring Creek productions). As far as going "out" with a spec, she can do it, but she prefers to get a major agency onboard to take it out to the town and then coordinate with them to augment their efforts to that end.

It's true I made the initial contact with UTA myself. My agent served on an advisory board for a Writing Fellowship I won a few years ago and I played that card to generate the read. The first thing the agent said was "have your manager call me" and they've been working in unison ever since.

Rhonda also represents Kelly Masterson, the writer of the excellent Sidney Lumet film BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD.

She is one of the most honest and hard working people I've ever met in any walk of life and anybody would be lucky to have her as a manager.

Nice work, man. Also I love "Before The Devil..."
          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
            I'm the writer.

Can you give out her contact info?

Comment

C'mon, dude. Finding reps' contact info yourself is part of the fun.
              "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

I've used both imdpro and hcdpro. Do you know what tool I've found to be the most effective in locating reps' e-mails?

Plain ol' Google. All it takes is some patience and creative searching.

Comment

Agreed. Google is a scary little thing. I googled myself and found a live video of me googling myself... it wasn't pretty.

Comment

Joe, Congratulations on everything and I hope your current spec sells.

Comment

Bump. Anything new on Rhonda Bloom?

Comment

I'm no longer repped by her but to my knowledge she still manages Kelly Masterson (BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD) and was managing 25 O'Clock - who posts here.

Rhonda is a hustler, honest, and a very good person to boot.

Comment

I agree, Joe, and everyone.

I queried her back in December and she sent me a long, and very kind reply explaining why she now prefers to work with L.A.-based writers (or those in the vicinity), so that they can take meetings, etc. And also, since she reps a number of "unestablished" writers like myself, is seeking a writer who is "further along."

A turn down, certainly. But the way she did it makes her a mensch in my book. (Menschette?)

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                            I've heard great things about her.

Just seeing if anyone has more info as I can't find much doing my usual research.

Thanks.
                            The little experience I had with her was very courteous in nature. She is on my "like" list even though I'm happily repped elsewhere.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Bono - or anyone... can you please give me the email addy for Marc Manus; Manus Entertainment? I read your thread about him and now cannot find it. Thank you so much for all your feedback on various cool subjects! kellyk111 My email is [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X