No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for submitting to managers

Hi all,

New here and had 2 quick questions for those with experience submitting to representation, and getting a read...

First off, it seems some managers prefer getting query letters (via snail mail), but for other managers who have their e-mail addresses listed on IMDBPro (for example), is it safe to assume they'd prefer a query e-mail?

I've read Jewerl Ross' post here where he discusses why he prefers a letter, but he's his own man. Although I think there is something to be said for receiving a tangible letter, I guess I worry that at a bigger management firm, the assistant might toss it before it even gets where it's going...?

Secondly, I've heard it's imperative to use size 12 font in your script. Mine is about 118 pages at 12 font, but is 112 pages at 11 font. A friend once told me they're looking for any reason to toss your script into the 'no' pile, and even the wrong font size will do it.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Re: Questions for submitting to managers

Yes, query by email when they give their email address, and use Courier 12 font in your screenplay. People can tell when you are using the wrong font and font size.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickBarry View Post

Secondly, I've heard it's imperative to use size 12 font in your script. Mine is about 118 pages at 12 font, but is 112 pages at 11 font. A friend once told me they're looking for any reason to toss your script into the 'no' pile, and even the wrong font size will do it.
        They're not "looking for any reason to toss your script," but do not, EVER, shrink your font or adjust the spacing between lines to save space.

Just don't do it.

Comment

If you're using Final Draft, just don't adjust the formatting and everything will be fine. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronaldinho View Post
            They're not "looking for any reason to toss your script," but do not, EVER, shrink your font or adjust the spacing between lines to save space.

Just don't do it.
            Agree. Just as an aside, contrary to common belief, readers are mostly looking for things to like about your script because that's their ultimate objective, to find something compelling. But it's also true that the very first page provides many clues to your caliber as a writer, so don't stray from accepted presentation.
            "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

Originally posted by Ronaldinho View Post

Just don't do it.
              They've all seen that trick a thousand times before.

Comment

Working...
              X