View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #8
omjs

Default Re: Your Favorite Video Game, Story-Wise (and why)

Any love for the old point-and-click adventure games? In terms of story, I think my top choices would be Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Monkey Island 2, and The Dig. In more recent games, Broken Age is pretty good.

I've been working my way through The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, but it's slow going because it keeps freaking me out.

I'm also going to second the Dragon Age games - it's amazing how they do a deep story with customizable characters and player choices.

I haven't played the other Telltale games, but The Wolf Among Us was also pretty good for this, I thought. I think in most of Telltale's lineup the choices are mostly illusory (you still hit the same major story beats regardless of what you do), but the story's good enough that I wouldn't care if it was linear.

I thought the character development on Battlefield 4 was shockingly good for the genre, too. It's the only FPS I kept coming back to because I genuinely cared about the rest of my unit. The plot I didn't really follow so much, but I guess you can count character as part of story.
omjs is offline   Reply With Quote