No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Peter Falk

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/25/ar...ies-at-83.html

Among some of my old favorites, The In-Laws, Husbands, Wings of Desire, and of course he is was and always will be Columbo.

Seemed like a really genuine guy.
    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Re: RIP Peter Falk

Inlaws one of my favorite comedies of all time. RIP.
    Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
    Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Great, underrated actor.

HH

Comment

He will be missed.

Salute.

M.

Comment

I always wanted him to read The Princess Bride to me.

Comment

The Princess Bride... yeah. I forgot about that one.

One of my favorite scenes of his was in Wings of Desire. He's explaining to the Bruno Ganz angel what it's like to be alive. He's just describing simple things we take for granted like rubbing our hands together, "To smoke, and have coffee - and if you do it together, it's fantastic." etc. As played by Falk it's a great scene. A brilliantly simple affirmation of being alive.
            #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

MURDER BY DEATH too.

A true original. I remember seeing his house on one of those Hollywood Tour buses. It was the most modest of all of them and fit his personality to a tee.
              "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
              -Maya Angelou

Comment

He played a cab driver in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World". What a talent, and he'll be missed.

Interesting that Bobby Goren of Law and Order:CI (series finale coming on Sunday) and Adrian Monk of Monk echo Columbo.
                "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

RIP, Peter Falk.

Comment

RIP Peter Falk

"Being a private eye may not be much, but we do have a code of honor. It's all right to fool around with your partner's wife, but once he's dead it makes it all so dirty. That's the way it is, angel. You marry yourself a nice guy, have a couple of swell kids. Once you're all set up and happy, maybe we can fool around again." ~ Lou Peckinpaugh, played by Peter Falk in THE CHEAP DETECTIVE

Watched it last night and marvelled that only Falk could so closely match, and parody, Bogart's acting style.

THE CHEAP DETECTIVE is available (free) @ http://www.crackle.com
                    JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Thanks for the link, Fortean. I'll have to check that out.

Comment

He will surely be missed... and I loved his career and understood that he didn't spend his money elaborately on stupid stuff either!

Peter will be remembered... always

R.I.P!

=D
                        D. Alin
                        http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

He was also great in Wim Wenders' Wings of Desire.

Sad to see him go.
                          Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Working...
                          X