No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tracking Boards

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
    I'm pretty sure there still are, of course. But no one board will cover everything and the whole purpose of the the tracking boards, in general, is to allow small groups to privately discuss material, of course.

I had a friend/acquaintance -- good guy -- who worked at a company that provided & managed numerous tracking boards for creative executives and reps. Due to privacy I couldn't hang out & nose around on them, but he let me do a quick look and gave me a general overview. Granted things have probably changed some, but he would help create mini, private forums similar to what we have here for different groups of people. Multiple "boards." A group of CEs would request a tracking board of their own. Some agents would too. Also some managers. And some combo groups of the latter. Trusted friends & colleagues. Some quid pro & quo was part of it. I seem to remember him saying someone would get booted if they didn't contribute. This allowed a small group of professionals to frankly discuss material/scripts, writers, and as I recall him saying, even individuals they were dealing with in town. If someone wanted to join a particular group, he'd have to clear it with the group. In some cases, he'd even suggest someone for the group if he thought they would be a good fit for that group. But all pretty exclusive and were what tracking boards truly were and I'm pretty sure still are, of course.

More people might be using Facebook or other sites that allow private groups to operate with secrecy & extreme privacy but limited to trusted group. I don't think anyone could truly collect all the info for everything into one place, since there is simply too much to try to track. It'd take a Herculean effort. You'd have to access to numerous tracking groups/boards out there and constantly be getting info from them. And if some site or service did, it would surely defeat the purpose. Plus, the members wouldn't want to be so open and frank about their various comments. It's like teens going out on their own with friends or on a date vs. being stuck with their parents or a chaperon. Not the same things said, discussed or done.
    Interesting, I learn something new every day.

But, you're probably right. Wouldn't be the same if it was wide open for ANYONE to look at. And probably WAY too much intel for anyone to cover in one place.

I guess I'd just kinda like to know if people were talking sh!t on my scripts and what they're saying. LOL

I honestly don't know if any of my scripts have been on tracking boards. *shrug*
    Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
      You mean kind of like the Reddit writers that get picked up every now and then (i.e. Two sentence horror stories, that Roman army action pic, etc.)? You did have a couple of funny posts this week.
      I honestly never heard of those stories -- but of course that happened! Twitter yes. Reddit no.

And I was joking of course -- but by "a couple of funny posts" you mean EVERYTHING YOUR WRITE IS BRILLIANT, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
        I honestly never heard of those stories -- but of course that happened! Twitter yes. Reddit no.
        Simply for the record, "Rome, Sweet Rome" by James Erwin was picked up by Adam Kolbrenner after he (or probably his assistant) spotted Erwin's posts about the idea once they reached the top of Reddit.com.

This was first set up/listed on our main site back in October 2011. Super rare? Yes. But it did actually happen.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Simply for the record, "Rome, Sweet Rome" by James Erwin was picked up by Adam Kolbrenner after he (or probably his assistant) spotted Erwin's posts about the idea once they reached the top of Reddit.com.

This was first set up/listed on our main site back in October 2011. Super rare? Yes. But it did actually happen.
          I'm slow in the brain...

We talking Eriwn Stoff (that's the only Erwin I can think of)? Who's Erwin? I'm not versed in Reddit lingo.

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
            I'm slow in the brain...

We talking Eriwn Stoff (that's the only Erwin I can think of)? Who's Erwin? I'm not versed in Reddit lingo.
            No, no. Erwin Stoff just manages & produces. I was noting James Erwin who was & still is a two-time "Jeopardy!" winner. I'd tend to think some of that notoriety probably helped a little too with the interest level in the project vs. something by a complete unknown. Can't say for sure, by any means.
            Will
            Done Deal Pro
            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

And I was joking of course -- but by "a couple of funny posts" you mean EVERYTHING YOUR WRITE IS BRILLIANT, right?

Well, sometimes, you're serious. You're not joking all the time. So, don't take offense....I mean of the times you were joking, you had some funny posts.

Someone answered a thread on battling the Romans, it went viral and I think a manager contacted the reddit writer and got him a deal with Warner Bros. Not sure how the Two Sentence Horror stories went about, but someone mentioned it started on reddit.

Comment

Right! Rome Sweet Rome. I kept trying to remember that name. Cool premise. Kind of wished they had figured out how to do it.

Comment

No, no. Erwin Stoff just manages & produces. I was noting James Erwin who was & still is a two-time "Jeopardy!" winner. I'd tend to think some of that notoriety probably helped a little too with the interest level in the project vs. something by a complete unknown. Can't say for sure, by any means.
                  Ahh gotcha... Yeah, I remember now that you say that.

Also, Stoff took me under his wing. Great guy. IMO. Gave me a shot. Really went outta his way for me. I do have some nice things to say about this industry. LOL

Comment

You should start a thread GUCCI GIVES BACK and just say all the nice things you CAN about Hollywood and people you've met.
                    Last edited by Bono; 08-25-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

You should start a thread GUCCI GIVES BACK and just say all the nice things you cant think about Hollywood and people you've met.
                      Can't or Can?

One thread will be WAY shorter than the other. Just say'n. Ha!

Comment

Late to the party, but yes tracking boards do exist among some, unfortunately, we as writers will more than likely not have access to this info. I know this to be true because somehow awhile back I ended up with access to a Google group that I had never signed up for and the group was discussing and passing around specs I had not heard of until about a week after my access was taken away.

So I guess I wouldn't call it a tracking board, however, there are private groups that track these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Cayden Black View Post
                          Late to the party, but yes tracking boards do exist among some, unfortunately, we as writers will more than likely not have access to this info. I know this to be true because somehow awhile back I ended up with access to a Google group that I had never signed up for and the group was discussing and passing around specs I had not heard of until about a week after my access was taken away.

So I guess I wouldn't call it a tracking board, however, there are private groups that track these things.
                          Who were these people? What job title? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X