Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knights of Badassdom trailer...

Ryan Kwentan! Peter Dinklage! Summer Glau!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnQ9Vp4fV4I

Re: Knights of Badassdom trailer...

pure geek heaven!
    looks like the best thing since galaxy quest.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
      pure geek heaven!
      looks like the best thing since galaxy quest.
      Your comment forever turned me off. I'll skip the link then.
      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

love the concept and trailer... looks pretty good.

Comment

Did anyone else feel like a great premise was a little squandered here?

I like the look of it. Looks good for laughs.

But LARP-becomes-real Is ripe for the picking.

I heard about this project a while back. I imagined armies of grotesque orcs in mystical armors attacking...... Geeks.... in plastic home-made breast plates.

I imagined a final battle scene in the vain of Braveheart. On the one side, toothy ogres and orcs. Spitting wrath. Swords encrusted with dried blood. A huge CGI army that puts Helms Deep to shame.

Then the camera pans across--

--to the Geek army. A sea of plastic swords with poor paint jobs. Wooden shields. Plastic breastplates. The CLANG of swords replaced by a flacid THUNK. The roar of BATTLE CRY interupted by the SPRAY of inhalers.

I thought they'd really go to town on the concept. Instead, it seems like a lone Succubus (for all intents and purposes an actress with tinted lenses, chewing on blood capsules) as the antag. Can't help feeling that's a wasted opportunity. Unless there's something I don't know and she unleashes a hell-spawned army in the final act.

Either way, it looks like a laugh so I may be in line for it. I just can't help feeling a little short changed even at trailer stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
            I imagined a final battle scene in the vain of Braveheart. On the one side, toothy ogres and orcs. Spitting wrath. Swords encrusted with dried blood. A huge CGI army that puts Helms Deep to shame.

Then the camera pans across--

--to the Geek army. A sea of plastic swords with poor paint jobs. Wooden shields. Plastic breastplates. The CLANG of swords replaced by a flacid THUNK. The roar of BATTLE CRY interupted by the SPRAY of inhalers.
            The horde CHARGES... steels cuts through plastic swords - it's a SLAUGHTER.

3 seconds later, the entire Geek Army lies slain. An OGRE CHAMPION, disgusted, squats for a dunk on the Geek leader's severed head.

Um, I think that there was a reason it wasn't quite how you envisioned. Still, the inhaler was a nice touch.
            Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
              The horde CHARGES... steels cuts through plastic swords - it's a SLAUGHTER.

3 seconds later, the entire Geek Army lies slain. An OGRE CHAMPION, disgusted, squats for a dunk on the Geek leader's severed head.

Um, I think that there was a reason it wasn't quite how you envisioned. Still, the inhaler was a nice touch.

Ah, but that's the wonder of this sort of fantasy subject matter. You can write in anything to justify the more fanciful, fantastical elements.

What if these Geeks are facing off against this army as a diversion to something else. What if this is the final climactic battle, whilst our heroes elsewhere are in a struggle to wrestle back control of the magical tome seen in the trailer.

What if, back on the battlefield, the Ogres and Orcs charge. The Geeks piss the pants. About to turn and run--

--When elsewhere the makeshift mage regains control of the book. Reads the scripture in some archaic language. A SPELL!

--Cut back to the battlefield. The orcs mid-run. Swathed in a mystical glow- And their swords become floppy plastic. Their maces rubber. Their armor plastic and shields wood. In unison, they all glance back up at the Geek army in that dopey orc way--

--And the Geeks are clutching gleaming metal broadswords. Suited in authentic armor. The Geek mages weilding hands glowing with mystic fire. And they all look pissed. Like every orc is every bully who ever pushed them into a school locker!

There you go. Fantasy. Anything's possible. Anything can be justifed. Part of the fun of writing in such a genre.

Comment

Well, I actually just sat through the trailer and, well, you were spot on the first time: a missed opportunity.
                Seriously, a slasher?

Oh well, let's just hope that the two female leads are enough w@nk material to get the nerds into the cinemas.
                Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                  Did anyone else feel like a great premise was a little squandered here?

I like the look of it. Looks good for laughs.

But LARP-becomes-real Is ripe for the picking.

I heard about this project a while back. I imagined armies of grotesque orcs in mystical armors attacking...... Geeks.... in plastic home-made breast plates.

I thought the same way when I first heard the logline. I imagined an army, or at least a horde, of ogres that they had to defeat. The current premise leads me to believe that one demon is a lot cheaper to film than an army of ogres.
                  Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
                  Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
                  Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Working...
                  X