This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Lockhart

Has anyone worked with manager Seth Lockhart of Cinematic Instinct?

Re: Seth Lockhart

If you haven't already, you should ask over at 2A.

EJ

Comment

There was a thread about Seth Lockhart here awhile back.
      http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
        There was a thread about Seth Lockhart here awhile back.

We went back and forth ahile back re: a script of mine. Seems like a decent guy. Always got back to me in a timely manner, answered all of my questions.

He's been around for several years, and hasn't had any major results. And his list of clients is all over the map: writers, directors and many below the line people.

Ultimately, I passed. One man operation with a client list all over the map = a polite "no thanks" from me.

Comment

Thanks, Vertigo. Your comments were in line with my impressions. He's all over the map in terms of clients as well as other business ventures. I will give him the same answer you did.

Comment

This is SETH LOCKHART. I HAVE NOT been around for several years. Up until 2004, I was raising my son in Seattle after a stint with John Davis as an intern in 1997. Hollywood hadn't seen me since. No one has mentored me in this business--- all balls and talent to back it up.

Second, I don't rep below the line talent. I rep writers and directors. All over the map with talent? WTF! This is the problem with forums and message boards. Now, you have heard the truth from me. So, you writers reading this and asking questions about me-- if you want to turn down my offer to rep you if and when I contact you, go ahead. See you in the trades!!!

Recent Milestones:

Launched TitleDoctors (www.titledoctors.com), the first branding agency to name major motion pictures and TV pilots. Clients: New Line, Buena Vista, Dreamworks, ABC Family, and growing.

2 of my clients are current finalists on the new show
            ON THE LOT

Attached studio producers to specs StarWarp '77 by Todd Ludy; Black Sonata by Dave Mango; Graverobbers by Brian McDonald.

Plan to go into production on our first movie, Spacious Skies, an action/drama by Tamas Harangi.

Opening satellite office at renowned film school, giving movers and shakers a first look at exceptional writers.
            Last edited by cenista; 06-12-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I like this Seth.
              Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by cenista View Post

2 of my clients are current finalists on the new show
                ON THE LOT
                From the ratings beating the show is taking you might want to remove that one, congratulations on your other successes though...

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
                  From the ratings beating the show is taking you might want to remove that one, congratulations on your other successes though...
                  Thanks Slappy. Re the low ratings, doesn't affect industryites desire to work with these guys. The exposure superceded the low ratings. Only wish Steven would've made a personal appearance to (possibly) reverse the tide.

Seth

Comment

I've had a few interactions with Seth. They have all been professional. We discussed a couple of my scripts that had placed highly in contests. He made quick decisions to read one and not the other. In the end, neither were right for him but the door seemed open for other scripts. (Never actually got a "no" on the one he read... but never got a "no" from WM, Binderspink, or any of the other A-list companies who requested and read it or the other one.)

Comment

I read about Seth at 2A and sent a cold e-query. He promptly requested the script. I got a polite phone call from him a week later saying it's not for him. He asked about my other scripts. He asked for another script in the same genre that has won some contests. No word yet. Seems professional and competent.

Comment

What the studios are looking for RIGHT now

High concept
                        • Thrillers: Psychological and Political
                        • Comedies
                        • Action/Adventure
                        • Horror (intensely creepy, not gory)

"A successful manager/producer is only as great as the material in their hand. Since I can get the attention of development or production execs in town...Send me a great story that is well-executed, and the rest will be history. Clients of Energy, Farrah, Benderspink, Magnet, and Nine Yards are not the only writers destined for greatness."

Comment

Clients of Energy, Farrah, Benderspink, Magnet, and Nine Yards are not the only writers destined for greatness
                          Nicely put. Good on you for setting the record straight.
                          Blog: http://writinglounge.blogspot.com
                          Email: kidcharlemagne108[at]yahoo[dot]co[uk]

"What is your greatest ambition? To become immortal and then die." - Breathless

Comment

Yup I sent stuff to him too. For some reason I thought he was shady even though he wasn't at all. He was very nice and professional actually. Didn't like my stuff but that's just how it goes.
                            Write.Sell.Repeat.

Theoretically...

Comment

For a few good reasons I passed. Although I do keep an eye out for him on the trades (trackingb.com).

Comment

Working...
                              X