2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Okay, folks, it's that time of year. Once again I'll be partnering with Daniel Vang of Benderspink to help raise money for the 2012 American Heart Association's South Sound Heart Walk.

Last year we raised over $8,000 to help fight heart disease and stroke and two writers who donated wound up gaining representation. Countless other writers earned an open door policy with Daniel to submit future material.

This year we're hoping to raise at least $10,000. Here's how it will work.

A $25 donation guarantees that Daniel will read the first ten pages of your feature film script or television pilot.

A $50 donation guarantees he will read the first fifty pages of your work.

A $100 donation guarantees he will read the entire piece.

You'll be considered for representation by one of the top management/production companies in Hollywood while supporting a great cause.

If you make a $25 or a $50 donation the idea is that Daniel will not want to put the material down after however many pages he has agreed to read and will want to read on because it's so good, etc.

Use the following link to get to my donation page via the American Heart Association's secure website....

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1000223&lis=1&kntae1000223= B7C0C3EE9A48497683DA3525B9B3AC0D&supId=227801200

Per his request, I will coordinate all submissions to Daniel and will forward you his response.

Once you make your donation please send me a private message here or email me if you already have my email to let me know and I'll instruct you from there on the submission process.

This year's Heart Walk takes place on October 6th so we'll be raising money and accepting donations until then.

This is a win/win, people. Good luck and thank you for helping me honor my grandfather Bob Coppola's memory while championing this worthwhile cause.
    "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Can I pay $30 dollars because my inciting incident doesn't occur until page 12?

I kid, I kid. Great cause, looking forward to participating this year.

Comment

Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

This is really such a great idea. Is it possible to send more than one script, say if I donated $50? And then 25 pages of each? (They're sitcom pilots, so they're not even 50 pages long). Thanks!

Comment

Hey Joe,

I donated money last time around, but never got around to sending anything in. The script I was working on just kind of fell apart and well, it was a rough year all around. I learned my lesson a long time ago to never submit stuff that's not 100%.

I still consider it money well spent though, and will happily make a fresh donation this year if I get something together. Thanks for doing this again.

Comment

Hi Joe,

Just sent in a donation and PM-ed you. Thanks for the opportunity!

Comment

It's a great cause, and a great opportunity. Win/Win.
            Aiming for mediocrity and falling well short =)

Comment

Originally posted by Projectophelia View Post
              This is really such a great idea. Is it possible to send more than one script, say if I donated $50? And then 25 pages of each? (They're sitcom pilots, so they're not even 50 pages long). Thanks!
              You can send multiple scripts in and split up the reads like that. That's fine. Always submit the entire piece, though, as what we want is for Daniel to like the work so much that he'll want to read on, etc...etc...

So far we've raised $500 in less than a day! Great job everybody
              "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Hi Joe, will Daniel be reading all submissions at a future point, or reading and deciding as they come in?

Thanks!

Comment

He's reading now as they come in.

Comment

Daniel passed on our action/comedy feature last year...But my partner and I are pretty excited about a new hour-format TV spec we dashed off while also working on a second 110-pager.

Would Daniel be willing to consider teleplays, or is he strictly interested in features?

Comment

TV pilots are definitely welcome, too.

Comment

Thanks Joe! Just donated. I missed out on this last year, glad to get a second chance.

Comment

Joe, this is my first post. Great idea all around. Cheers to you and Daniel.

Comment

I have the feeling they'll be lots more pilots being sent in this year.
                            "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

I love that you guys do this every year - honestly, very cool.

One question, because I'm not sure what to send, what's the rough timeline for this to stay open?

Again, very cool guys. Very cool.
                              sigpic

Website
                              Tweets
                              Book

Comment

Working...
                              X