This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ScriptGal Update & Info

Sorry to hear that. Glad things are better. I'm finishing a re-write now... will send you a new email probably next week.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi All,

I'm offering a Done Deal special through the end of March. Comments Only - 2-3 pages of feedback including recommendations and a grid - normally $125 are $99. Development Notes - 8-10 pages of feedback including suggestions and page notes - normally $300 are $225. Other services will be similarly discounted.

Best part - five day turnaround guaranteed.

I hope to hear from you.

Best,

Amanda
      ScriptGal
      Screenplay Consultation & Analysis
      Fifteen Years Development Experience
      http://www.scriptgal.com/

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Hey all,

Just wanted to take a second to drop in for any of you who are on the fence about ScriptGal's services. I've dealt with a lot of coverage services, all that come with various promises and claims, none of them hold a candle to Amanda's work.

With ScriptGal you not. Only get an example of the kind of coverage the big agencies and studios provide, you get the best version. This is someone who gets brought in to train the readers at major players in town, these are not notes that can be brushed off as someone who didn't understand what you were going for or was just trying to be negative.

Perhaps the two best things about ScriptGal's services are that first she knows how to make a good script great or a great script amazing. It is easy to give notes to a bad script, though it may be difficult knowing where to start. What is hard is knowing what fine tuning and adjustments can bring something good to the next level. As a writer, that is often the hardest thing to do as well and one of the things that makes outside eyes so crucial.

The second is that if a script is good enough and when it is ready, Amanda actually will champion your work to her extensive network of industry connections. She truly wants you to succeed, and it is evident that she is on your side no matter how harsh a note may seem.

I can't recommend these services enough, particularly for well-trained and experienced writers trying to get to that elite level.

They don't come any better than this.

You won't regret a penny.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseH View Post
          Hey all,

Just wanted to take a second to drop in for any of you who are on the fence about ScriptGal's services.
          I've also used her services with good results. By the way ChaseH, welcome to the board!
          Manfred Lopez Grem
          WGA Writer - Director | Zero Gravity Management

REEL - IMDB

Comment

Just wanted to bump this thread and share my recent experience with ScriptGal. In short, they were notes that made me excited to get back in and tackle a new draft.

Really smart, in-depth feedback that called attention to a few things I needed to fix. Story editors can often try to impose their vision or their idea of what they think your story should be, but I knew Amanda got it and was steering me in the direction I wanted to go. She also offers solutions and potential fixes, which is a huge plus.

A follow up phone call to go over a few things was a big extra that really helped generate some ideas and inspiration.

A definite Recommend and I will be using her services again.

Comment

I'm a longtime follower of these boards, but a first time poster. I've learned many things here, followed many debates. But one thing I've learned that is not debatable is how truly fantastic ScriptGal's services are.

Her notes and feedback are a wonderful mix of instinct and intellect. She is smart, precise and analytical, but also has a great feel for when something isn't working. She provides solutions, suggests updates and offers really good ideas.

The best part though, is that she just "gets it.- She understands what you're trying to do and helps you get there. To put it simply, our script is better for having had Amanda read it. Yours will be too.

Comment

Happy Halloween!

In honor of ScriptGal's 6th anniversary I'm offering 20% off all services for a limited time only. Book your November appointments soon!

Amanda
                ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Hello There -

Wow, it's been awhile! Just wanted to say Happy New Year and to let everyone know that ScriptGal is still chugging along. I read 296 scripts in 2018 - features and television - many of them DoneDeal members. Clients have done really well in contests and on the Blacklist, but most importantly it's been great watching clients hone their craft over time.

As a reminder, I offer a variety of services including Comments Only - which are 2-3 pages of general feedback on your script. I also offer Full Development Notes which are 8-10 pages of in-depth feedback including page notes and suggestions for revisions. For those who want even more feedback, I can tailor a development service for your needs - offering input from concept through outline/treatment to final draft.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at [email protected], and don't forget to ask about the Done Deal discount.

Thanks!

Amanda
                  ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Sent you some messages. Please get in touch!

L.
                    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Anyone have any luck communicating with Scriptgal lately? I sent her a script last week but haven't heard anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mjdr View Post
                        Anyone have any luck communicating with Scriptgal lately? I sent her a script last week but haven't heard anything.
                        Not surprising. Hard pass on Scriptgal, just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                        X