Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?

I just finished Dark Crystal on Netflix and enjoyed it. It's definitely corny at parts but I think any fantasy fan would like it.

Comment

Canadian sitcom Corner Gas will be available to U.S. viewers on IMDB TV (free with ads) starting October 15th. I think it's already viewable on Prime.

I loved the original series, but I haven't watched the current animated one. Both will be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell McLean View Post
        Canadian sitcom Corner Gas will be available to U.S. viewers on IMDB TV (free with ads) starting October 15th. I think it's already viewable on Prime.

I loved the original series, but I haven't watched the current animated one. Both will be available.
        One of the funniest shows I've ever watched. It's on Amazon Prime right now. I'm already going through it the second time.

***Sorry Mitchell -- I just noticed you already gave a heads up that it was on Prime.
        Last edited by StoryWriter; 10-05-2019, 05:59 AM. Reason: Added information.
        "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Never heard of this show and I'm excited. It's already out of sync on the pilot episode and I'm excited about it's terrible low budget nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell McLean View Post

Corner Gas is a nice title. Kind of has me intrigued.

Comment

Sounds like one I'll want to check out.

I loved THE KAMINSKY METHOD on NF, with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. So glad it's coming back for a second season.

I also love CALL MY AGENT, a French show about Paris's number one talent agency, with a real life movie star guest-starring in each ep (Monica Bellucci, Cecile de France, Isabelle Huppert, etc.). The actors are all amazing.

I thought WORKING MOMS was really good on NF too, and thankfully not all about kids. When I saw the creator was a Reitman, I knew I was in good hands.

I liked CATASTROPHE for a while on Prime.

You can never go wrong with FRASIER. Still one of the funniest shows ever made.

If you've never seen THE WEST WING, it's on NF. Sorkin at his best.

And the list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post
                So I guess my next show is Mindhunter.
                oooh, it's really good. I love the characters. It's a great series. I may even watch both seasons all over again, it's THAT good.

Others I liked:
                Unbelievable
                IO (this is remarkable as it basically has 2 characters and is terrific)
                Another Life
                Haunting of Hill House (if you like horror)
                The Rain
                Maniac
                Dead to Me
                The Umbrella Academy
                How It Ends
                Dear White People
                Dark (really good foreign TV)
                Patriot Act
                Ascension (really great concept)
                Ozark

Haven't seen the A-List but it looks good as well as The Sinner.
                FA4
                "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I somehow got sucked into Canadian TV and currently watching a show that is already more progressive than 99% of American shows...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5912064/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Comment

LOVED

Undone, on Amazon. It's about a young woman who may or may not be schizophrenic and she gets visits from her dead father who died under mysterious circumstances - her goal is to go back in time and change things. It's animated like Waking Life (same general people... Tommy Palotta was involved.)

Dead to Me on Netflix, I think? A woman whose husband died in a hit and run makes a new friend at a grief counseling thing...

Both of those shows really stuck with me.

Other really good shows I've enjoyed this year, in no particular order:
                    Crashing - HBO. Comedy.
                    Mrs. Maizel - Amazon. Comedy.
                    Lodge 49 - AMC. Comedy
                    White Princess and White Queen - Starz
                    Seis Manos - Netflix
                    From Dusk til Dawn - El Rey

Networky kind of stuff:
                    AP Bio - NBC
                    Everything on CW: Jane the Virgin, Charmed, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Supergirl...

Comment

I would like to add two shows, both found on Netflix:

EPISODES (starring Matt LeBlanc): Surprising good (and I'm not a LeBlanc fan). It's shows the frustrations of a set of t.v. writers who have to debase their work (and themselves) to work with a (former) mega-star like Matt (who actually plays himself with a few funny pokes at Friends). Two thumbs up.

GOOD GIRLS (starring Christina Hendricks): A show about three housewives who feel constrained in their current situations. A medical emergency causes them to turn to a life of crime to find the much needed money. Mayhem ensues when they take money from the wrong people!
                      Second Draft = First Draft less 10%
                      -Stephen King

Comment

Just finished KINGDOM on Netflix. I can safely say it's the best Feudal Korean political thriller/martial arts/horror series I've ever seen. Highly recommended.

I'm only 2 episodes into TO THE LAKE. So far, it's superb.

I also really liked:
                        OZARK
                        THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE
                        SHERLOCK
                        DARK (though by the end of Season 3, I wanted to kill them all with a hammer.)

Looking forward to:
                        THE HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR
                        BORDERTOWN
                        HINTERLAND
                        MINDHUNTER (thanks for the tip!)

Comment

Try THE BOYS on Amazon. My favorite show of the moment.

Comment

Working...
                          X