No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Gallactica

Um...seriously.

How is there NOT already a thread on the current season of the best frackin' show on television?

"Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Re: Battlestar Gallactica

i was wondering about that.

so SPOILERS BELOW

these last two episodes really need to be thought of as one, because they're great together.

rosalind has become her creepy self ever since she's had remittance.

i'm not entirely sure about what to make of balthar seeing himself. i know the 6 sees him, but i dont know what's going on w that right now.

and speaking of 6-

cylon-cylon killing? finally.

oh, and this was also one of the best acted episodes i have seen. top notch performances all around.

welcome back BSG. great stuff.

Comment

I didn't really care for season 3. I am enjoying the current season. It's too obvious to think that Starbuck could be a Cylon. Looking forward to how they explain her sudden appearance (hopefully) later on.

Whose the fifth?

It wouldn't surprise me if it were Starbuck. Hah.

How does the series end?

Starbuck leads the galactica to Earth. The cylons have been tracking her all along and follow. What happened to Caprica happens to Earth. (that would suck)

Or.. the cylons destroy each other.. leaving the five to recreate the cylon race on Earth. (that would be cool)

Comment

my theory is that these people will colonize earth and bring about the tradition of these gods to this planet and eventually earth will colonize other planets and there will be a cylon war and everything will be repeated.

that's why they had a time discrepency and their holy book has said that this has all happened before.

i think it's all a cycle.

not sure where the cylons fit in this theory, but i'm sticking to it for now.

Comment

I heart BSG - Why is this the last year? Go out with a worm hole I guess... Looking forward to the Caprica pre-quel Movie

---Zazzz

PS - Also looking forward to Jane Espenson's Warehouse 13 - somebody please PM me if they have the pilot!

Comment

The first two episodes have been good.

I'm glad they've gotten back to the whole "who is/isn't a cylon" angle it's what made Season 1/2 so good, imho. Season 3 was ok but got worse with the constant flashback episodes towards the end of Season 3.

The whole Finale 5 Cylon plot is an interesting one I think since even the Skinjobs have been told not to think about them.

The foreshadowing/backstory of these themes repeating themselves over and over even effects the Cylons. Obviously, somethin' happened. And, those hidden 5 were either the instigators or the ones to put whatever happened down.

As for Baltar showing up instead of Harvey 6, I'm guessing whoever is controlling the both Cap 6 and Baltar was busy elsewheres...
            R.K. Bentley
            My Blog, My Design Studio
            "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

Originally posted by bed-and-bones View Post
              I didn't really care for season 3. I am enjoying the current season. It's too obvious to think that Starbuck could be a Cylon. Looking forward to how they explain her sudden appearance (hopefully) later on.

Whose the fifth?

It wouldn't surprise me if it were Starbuck. Hah.
              Here's my guess on this topic. I think I am pretty good with this since I predicted most turns in S3. I believe that from Starbuck's experiment while in captivity will have been a cylon plot to turn humans into cylons. As in, I think when Starbuck died she got "downloaded" and put into a body they grew from her own genetic material. So, is she more cylon or more human? Adds an interesting debate. I could be dead wrong though.

As for the fifth cylon? Cylon God whom speaks in the form of head six and head Baltar to Baltar. Non-physical. Probably wrong but that's my current take.

Ron D. Moore, feel free to PM me and offer me a writing gig on Caprica.
              Last edited by qualitycontrol; 04-14-2008, 08:00 AM.

Comment

One point of illogic for me... A few days before, Lee Adama defends and gets off the most hated man in the colonies (Baltar.) But now, as he leaves the military (and they desperately need fighter pilots), everybody is cheering and toasting him like he's the greatest guy in the world.

Huh?

Comment

Every now and again you run in to the logic problems that Oz describes, but the overall greatness of this show more than makes up for it, I think.

I'm sad they are ending it this season, but glad that they will not try to stretch this out just for dollars. It means they will take the time they need to tell the story, but no more time than required.

I will watch the spin off series, hoping against hope that they catch lighting in a bottle for a second time. Often attempted, seldom achieved ...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatOz View Post
                    One point of illogic for me... A few days before, Lee Adama defends and gets off the most hated man in the colonies (Baltar.) But now, as he leaves the military (and they desperately need fighter pilots), everybody is cheering and toasting him like he's the greatest guy in the world.

Huh?
                    Remember, when you say everyone, the first scene were only the pilots, to the pilots he can do no wrong, there wasn't a civlian insight except when he debarks and even then it was mostly officers/enlisted.

I think the mentality of the civilian population is we hate Baltar more than Lee Adama. Baltar presided over us for months and then led all of us into Cylon Occupation for xyz amount of months. Let's face facts, Baltar probably saved more of them then if he had declined. We can get to Baltar easier than Adama, let's kill President Baltar first.

I would suspect sooner or later the "let's lynch lee because he defended baltar" will arise.
                    R.K. Bentley
                    My Blog, My Design Studio
                    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

adama was one of the greatest pilots around (second to starbuck).

and a great leader.

i can definitely see everyone cheering him on after he went back in the cockpit to fight the cylons off.

he can do no wrong.

adama/obama? anyone else see the connection here?

godama!

Comment

They're friends with him. I might get mad at a friend over something but I'm not going to cut them out of my life due to it. I mean, he still fought beside them in the last battle. It isn't like he committed a real act of treason. I'm sure some people resent him but not all. The room wasn't packed with people either was it? It seemed a smaller and informal ceremony than say a full on hanger deck formal procedure.

Comment

I remember watching the first episode of this season, after getting amped up by watching last season's finale right before it, and the scene where there's all the chaos and Cylons attacking and everything's frenetic and then Colonel Tigh shoots Adama right through the eye/skull...

I shouted, "Holy sh!t!"

Everything's in slow mo. Even me. I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to think. Did that SERIOUSLY just happen?! Did the show seriously just go THERE?! That's some big balls they got!

Then, of course, it's all in his head.

Damn you, Battlestar Galactica, for f-cking with my head (again) so brilliantly.

I love this show.
                          "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

On that other TV station there's also that funny-looking John Adams guy who supposedly got elected president after defending Imperial troopers who shot innocent rebels!
                            Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
                              I remember watching the first episode of this season, after getting amped up by watching last season's finale right before it, and the scene where there's all the chaos and Cylons attacking and everything's frenetic and then Colonel Tigh shoots Adama right through the eye/skull...

I shouted, "Holy sh!t!"

Everything's in slow mo. Even me. I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to think. Did that SERIOUSLY just happen?! Did the show seriously just go THERE?! That's some big balls they got!

Then, of course, it's all in his head.

Damn you, Battlestar Galactica, for f-cking with my head (again) so brilliantly.

I love this show.
                              On another show, you would have guessed "it's all in his head". But on this show - because they've often done things you wouldn't expect - you had no idea.

One of the many reasons why it's so damned good.

Comment

Working...
                              X