Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fresh Voice Writers Contest

Well, I was lucky enough to make it into the QF round.

http://www.fresh-voices.com/2012-scr...finalists.html

I recognize at least one pair of names on the list as being repped writers who've had specs go out in 2012 and 2013. Interesting to see that even repped writers enter these competitions.

Comment

I'm in with a one hour pilot.
      "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Cool! our 2 favorite elves Hark and Harold made it to the quarter finals!! congrats to all. I'm note sure where they got the "saving santas supersonic sleigh" part though? this was back in august, so maybe I sent in title like that. SUpposed to be just "Hark and Harold".

stainjim, ya there dude??!!
        • Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

Family catagory that is..some cool lookin titles in there though..

Comment

Yes sir, made out with an action script (Hounds of God) and family (Back by Sunrise).

Congrats!

(Wonder where I saw the 23rd? Oh well, glad to see them up there!)
            Last edited by stainjm; 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM.
            www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
            http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Good luck to all who made it through!

Have a spec script in and a one-hour pilot that made the list.

Comment

Congrats and good luck to all. I'm in with a comedy. The FAQ states that the cut for the next round is top 10% in each category... that's like 3 scripts for comedy and action, a bit more for drama, but still very steep. Anyone know scores (I didn't request feedback and was just wondering what the average cut off is).

Comment

No way! My old draft of "Love is a Battlefield" made the QFs!

Though entertaining, that script had PLENTY of faults, so that's a welcome surprise, haha. I'm sure it'll die after the next round is announced...
                  FADE IN:
                  PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
                  NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by Jai Brandon View Post
                    No way! My old draft of "Love is a Battlefield" made the QFs!

Though entertaining, that script had PLENTY of faults, so that's a welcome surprise, haha. I'm sure it'll die after the next round is announced...
                    Jai, that's part of the fun, it's nice to at LEAST make it through the first cuts...but then, it does get more competitive in scoring, nitpicking, stuff like that. Be positive, ya never know..until ya know!

Comment

Originally posted by jcpdoc View Post
                      Congrats and good luck to all. I'm in with a comedy. The FAQ states that the cut for the next round is top 10% in each category... that's like 3 scripts for comedy and action, a bit more for drama, but still very steep. Anyone know scores (I didn't request feedback and was just wondering what the average cut off is).
                      anything over 140 is really good from what I read and according to their website.

Comment

Originally posted by stainjm View Post
                        Yes sir, made out with an action script (Hounds of God) and family (Back by Sunrise).

Congrats!

(Wonder where I saw the 23rd? Oh well, glad to see them up there!)
                        alright, congrats to you! I saw on their website today when you posted here that it did say the 23rd, then I saw someone posted the results here and it was up..first cuts are great, fun for the next 30 days, but the next rounds get real competitive and nit picky with scoring, so...good luck to all!

Comment

Congrats to all who quarterfinaled.

My screenplay PLEASANT VALLEY WAR made it in the drama category.

This screenplay, somewhat rewritten and now titled VENGEANCE IS NOT THE LORD'S is posted on Blacklist 3.0.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/script/4237

Comment

you guys rock!

Comment

Originally posted by kenklmn View Post
                              Congrats to all who quarterfinaled.

My screenplay PLEASANT VALLEY WAR made it in the drama category.

This screenplay, somewhat rewritten and now titled VENGEANCE IS NOT THE LORD'S is posted on Blacklist 3.0.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/script/4237

why u change the title? I liked pleasant valley war. as there is nothing "pleasant" about "war", or maybe that's why you changed it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
                                why u change the title? I liked pleasant valley war. as there is nothing "pleasant" about "war", or maybe that's why you changed it?
                                I started a discussion under the Screenwriting forum "Should I change my title?" where this is discussed.

Bottom line, I still don't know what the best title is. Anyone who produces this project can choose the title. At this point I'm just looking for reads.

Comment

Working...
                                X