No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hunt (Cancelled!)

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
    You do realize that "banning all guns" is a fear-mongering tactic used by the NRA lobby to keep them relevant and to distract from commonsense gun safety regulations that a vast majority of Americans (including NRA members) want.

If the standard for a law was that it must "fix" every problem 100%, then we'd have no laws (a libertarian's fantasy). Driver's drive drunk, and execs embezzle, therefore no laws against either? It also makes no sense for one state to ban drunk driving, and its bordering states to allow it. Yet, that's the hodgepodge we have with gun regulations in the US. Hell, it's worse than that. Gun laws within a state vary between counties and cities.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Well said. The NRA always puts out that talking point whenever anyone tries to change the laws to make it more safe. Japan had only 6 shootings in all of one year, like a few years ago.

Comment

Also, I think all these shootings are starting to affect people. Just the other day, there was mass hysteria in Santa Monica because of sounds of shots. Everyone was running for their lives.

Comment

I can't stand the NRA but that doesn't make your statement that law changes would change mass murder rates. The guns would still be bought, illegally, there would then be more violence wrapped around the illegal gun trade.

i.e. making opiates illegal has done nothing to keep the US use rate among the worlds highest.

Comparing any Japanese crime stat to a US stat is ridiculous. Virtually every crime category the US exceeds Japan on a 5 to 1 or worse rate. Japan is a homogeneous society with cultural values that cause it's citizens not to partake in the same type of rampant disregard for one another that is rife in the most diverse freedom loving country in the world.

Everyone in America thinks they should have it all and that someone else is keeping it from them. Hence psychos go out an do crazy crap to those they feel define that. You just don't have the same mix in Japan or Sweden, or Switzerland. In addition you have a country (us) based on a many ethnic groups having been screwed over in the past and now we are dealing with that dichotomy.

My question about pistols is simply this. You want certain "assault" weapons banned, I assume. As a former Marine I chuckle at an AR 15 being defined as an assault rifle, however, what law would you pass that would stop someone from using a pistol, or two, to commit mass murder? There is none, so stop kidding yourself that that will fix it. Every mass murderer was willing to break the law so having laws to stop them is moot.

I wouldn't want to live in a country where every state had to run it's laws the same as everyone else. Look at the train wreck that Illinois and California have become and imagine if that was imposed on everyone. No thanks.

And last but not least are you in favor of decriminalization of illegal immigration and more open borders? Just curious because you scoffed at my point that gun control is generally a left leaning political issue, as is open borders. That's just a fact.
        Eric
        www.scriptreadguaranteed.com

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
          It’s ****ing idiotic because the god damn good guys in the movie are the deplorables. That’s the whole ****ing hook. Preposterous.
          i was sort of shocked by that as well. the purge did very well at the box office. i'm sure this will be released in the near future.

Comment

No. What's ridiculous is pretending that making it harder to buy these assault rifles wouldn't reduce the availability to some of these mass shooters, who are not always sophisticated criminals. The argument that there isn't a law that can curb the violence is just right out of the NRA talking points memo.

Comment

I've been putting a lot of thought into this and I think I have the perfect solution.

Why not just make murder illegal?

Such a law would have the added benefit of also stopping the sickos who kill with knifes, or crowbars, or poison, or even bombs.

We all know that once something is illegal, criminals are immediately stopped in their tracks. Very soon after passing this law, murder would no longer exist.

Hell, it's so simple I think I'll run for president.
              "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
                I've been putting a lot of thought into this and I think I have the perfect solution.

Such a law would have the added benefit of also stopping the sickos who kill with knifes, or crowbars, or poison, or even bombs.

We all know that once something is illegal, criminals are immediately stopped in their tracks. Very soon after passing this law, murder would no longer exist.

Define "sickos."

Comment

Define "sickos."
                  Really?

People "who kill with knifes, or crowbars, or poison, or even bombs." (As in, the rest of the sentence.)

I didn't really think I was trying to hide it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                    The current admin literally took back a law that made it illegal for mentally ill people to buy guns. Also if no one can buy an AK-47, mentally ill or not, they can't do what they did as easily or devastating.
                    It wasn't a law, it was an executive decision. And that decision left too much leeway. Point a finger at someone and his right to "keep and bear arms" was removed. Just like that. Can you imagine someone trying to prove to brain-dead bureaucrats that he wasn't "mentally ill" -- especially since the definition of "mental illness" can be widened to mean just about anything now.

I could fight about that point, but I don't have the energy or desire. They want us to talk about that and not talk about the actual issue -- deadly weapons available to anyone who wants them at any time and no restrictions.
                    Weapons are not available to everyone without restrictions. hence background checks and waiting periods.

If the lawmakers know certain guns kill innocent people on a mass scale almost daily and there are easy solutions to stopping them by passing laws that work everywhere else in the world and you don't do it -- aren't you also mentally ill?
                    Except they don't work everywhere else in the world, or have you missed the news of terrorist attacks all over the world? Your so-called "easy solution" disarms citizens and removes their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, but does nothing to stop criminals who want to kill.

And guns don't make people "evil." When I was a kid in high school (in rural Montana) high school kids came to school in pickups with gun racks in their back windows -- guns on the racks and the windows open, while attending school. Guess how many shootings we had (and this is during the time when the legal drinking age was 18). If you guessed ZERO you would be right.

I, personally, don't own a gun. Haven't for years now, but I know a lot of gun owners and they're not the crazed SOBs you see denounced on TV. And I noticed the Dayton shooter was pro-Antifa (i.e., anti-Trump). But of course Antifa has nothing to do with rising violence in America. It's all the "right wing extremists," don't you know?
                    Last edited by Centos; 08-21-2019, 04:53 PM.
                    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Know your rights!

Getting Robbed?

just say No!

Legally a robber cannot take any of your possessions without your consent
                      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                        dude, you gotta get out more... AK-47 are so passe, the new weapon of choice is the AR-15. sadly, i know this because of the research i've done.

no one needs an assault rifle. no one.
                        And an AR-15 is not an "assault weapon." It just looks like one. I don't know why people like them, but there's nothing different between an AR-15 and a semi-automatic hunting rifle. An AK-47 is a fully automatic assault weapon. As far as I know, the only way to own an assault weapon -- a real assault weapon -- is to have a collector's license.

there was a tweet with like 15 ARMED men and women walking into a KFC-- total overkill. with ASSAULT RIGLES!

it's infuriating that these people feel that they MUST display their "right to bear arms" by walking into a public place. ****ing despicable people.
                        Why do you find protests to defend your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms "infuriating?" Should we ban all protests?

there is only one reason someone open carries a weapon-- intimidation.
                        Or to show they won't be intimidated into giving up their rights. Again, why do people protest?

pure and simple. some mutha****a wants act all big & bad... they're worst of society. who gets off on intimidating the public?
                        And they want to show they won't be intimidated by the thugs from Antifa, or browbeaten by the mouthy politicians to give up their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. How dare they!

this is not what the founding fathers intended.
                        The founding fathers gave us the right to keep and bear arms because they didn't want tyrants with standing armies to do to us what England had done to us. So, yeah, this is what the founding fathers intended.

there are people that are mentally ill. but that boy that walked into Walmart is NOT one of them. he may be radicalized, but he is not insane. he was intentional.
                        Why do you keep forgetting about the Dayton shooting, the Antifa-loving moron who randomly killed people there? As far as I'm concerned anyone who kills innocent people is mentally insane.

some people just want to kill, they like the feeling of power & control over another. they hate.
                        Yep. And a lot of them are working in the government.

i agree with bioprogessor, but hope that someone will do something.

but it won't be Walmart. until the negative impact from the public about guns impacts their profitability-- they won't stop selling guns, it's just too profitable.

and that's Walmarts's bottom line-- profitability.
                        Go ahead, boycott Walmart for your political agenda. Whoop-dee-doo. Let's see how much it impacts their bottom line.
                        STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Why is it always that the simplest solutions are the last ones to be suggested? Brilliant!

Comment

You do realize that "banning all guns" is a fear-mongering tactic used by the NRA lobby to keep them relevant and to distract from commonsense gun safety regulations that a vast majority of Americans (including NRA members) want.
                            What's the "common sense" in banning an AR-15 (a standard semi-automatic rifle) simply because it looks like an assault weapon? And guess what? The minute that AR-15's are banned, someone is going to suddenly "discover" that there is no difference between it and all semi-automatic rifles which would be the next target. Certain anti-gun activists have not hidden the fact that they want to ban all guns. They just know they can't do it all in one step.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
                              Know your rights!

Getting Robbed?

just say No!

Legally a robber cannot take any of your possessions without your consent
                              There you go! The movement is already gaining steam! Let's make robbery illegal too! No more robberies! We'll stop those robbers in their tracks when robbery is illegal!

LET'S MAKE MURDER ILLEGAL ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! (Official, copyrighted slogan of StoryWriter for President.)

(Accepting donations at StoryWriter for President at dot suckers dot com.)

"Yeah the idea just came to me in one of those moments geniuses, like me, get." -- LA TYMES, 8-21-2019 -- "StoryWriter's Bold, New Idea!"

"You know, this making murder illegal is something America has been waiting for." -- THE DAILY BOAST, 8-21-2019 -- "Who Knew It Was So Simple? StoryWriter Did!"

"As President, when I sign the bill, murder will cease to exist, instantly!" -- HUFFPUFF, 8-21-2019 -- "StoryWriter is Like, Totally, You Know?!"

"Which party will I run under? No idea, they're all clamoring for me. Frankly, it's sickening to see them drool, like that. But I CAN understand it. -- WASHINGTON PEST, 8-22-2019 -- "Meet the Future President StoryWriter!"

The news is getting out -- join the movement to make murder illegal!

LET'S MAKE MURDER ILLEGAL ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! (c)

Comment

EDIT: Not worth it. Some people just ignorant.
                                Last edited by Hernan Giaggio; 08-22-2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X