TrackingB TV Contest ('13 contest resulted in EXTANT at CBS with Spielberg)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackingB TV Contest ('13 contest resulted in EXTANT at CBS with Spielberg)

http://www.trackingb.com/?page_id=9668

Still don't know how the Insider does it, but he continues to not only get new writers repped by the top agents and managers in town, but now gets scripts into top producers, studios and networks that result in magical deals like Extant at CBS with some guy named Spielberg attached.

And he finds these diamond in the rough scripts with only a fraction of the submissions that Nicholls gets. So your odds of getting discovered is that much greater. I'd say that's well worth the entry fee.

Re: TrackingB TV Contest ('13 contest resulted in EXTANT at CBS with Spielberg)

Love the Mickey Fisher success story. One in a million - but hey, the shot can't land if it's not taken - and it was launched from Trackingb so good on everyone involved. What I find ironic/funny about that whole situation is that Extant didn't even win the contest, another script did.

Curious if anyone has the scoop on how it got to Amblin in the first place, did the Insider shuttle it over there, was it Brooklyn Weaver or was it WME after they signed Mickey?

Comment

Insider had Extant script delivered via FedEx Unicorn to Spielberg himself. Upon seeing the majestic beast, Spielberg had no choice but to turn it into a series.

This is how it happened. Tell all your friends.
      Twitter @CameronAlxander

Comment

Nice, CameronAlexander - thanks for that info!

So looks like Weaver just grabbed a coat tail and pumped the hype prime to bask in the afterglow and claim some measure of credit then, huh?

Insider proves time and again he's a good dude.

Comment

On a side note EXTANT is a really good spec that hits all the key beats and keeps the mystery reveals flowing with a cracking end of ep moment. IMHO It's def well suited to Amblin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintclub View Post
            On a side note EXTANT is a really good spec that hits all the key beats and keeps the mystery reveals flowing with a cracking end of ep moment. IMHO It's def well suited to Amblin.
            ^^ Yes -- above all else, Fisher wrote a script that got a lot of people excited. Good to see a writer (whatever the path cuz there are many) find a way into the promised land with the right material.

Comment

Loved Extant. I'll definitely be entering this as a friend of mine placed a year ago. Now he's actually working as a writer. February can't come soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeWritten View Post
                Loved Extant. I'll definitely be entering this as a friend of mine placed a year ago. Now he's actually working as a writer. February can't come soon enough.
                Why Feb? It's open now.

Comment

Originally posted by CColoredClown View Post
                  Why Feb? It's open now.
                  Guess I'll enter now.

Does anyone know how many enter?

Comment

Originally posted by TypeWritten View Post
                    Guess I'll enter now.

Does anyone know how many enter?
                    TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVE

Haha...

No idea. The Insider seems to prefer to keep this info. classified. Probably gets more competitive each year as the results of winning speak for themselves.

Comment

Gotcha. I spoke with him before but he wouldn't say then either. Argh. Guessing around a thousand or so. It's not that big.

Comment

thought i'd bump this since I just entered, and plan to be the next Mickey Fisher...

early deadline coming up on the 28th of this month, so might as well save the extra $ if you plan to enter.

good luck, everyone.

Comment

Umm, I thought TrackingB was feature scripts only?
                          M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
                            Umm, I thought TrackingB was feature scripts only?
                            They have a solid TV pilot contest as well.
                            Twitter @CameronAlxander

Comment

Originally posted by CameronAlexander View Post
                              They have a solid TV pilot contest as well.
                              Not to be numb but when is the closing date? I can't find it on the website? Also, forgive the ignorance, but what is the use of the trackingb service? As far as I understand it tracks what scripts are selling - but how does that affect you? After all, what's hot/cold now may not be in 6 months and chasing trends is always bad move. Speaking of tracking - I never understood the concept - industry pros gather together and talk about what's hot? Wouldn't the idea be to snatch it up (or at least keep quiet about it) rather than plaster it around?
                              M.A.G.A.

Comment

Working...
                              X