No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature or TV

What should I write next?

I just wrote a TV pilot, but I'm in the zone. I feel I should write another one.

But I need to write a feature as I don't have a current one.

Re: Feature or TV

I'd focus on TV.

Comment

Feature. It'll open more doors, including in TV.

Comment

How about a feature about writing a tv show? Nailed it!

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
          Feature. It'll open more doors, including in TV.
          Have you used a feature to open doors in TV? Would be curious to hear how effective you felt that was. I've always been a feature guy myself but would love to get into TV. I know I need to write a pilot (working on it) but it seems like my reps are waiting for that rather than using my features to get me in the door on TV stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DLev24 View Post
            Have you used a feature to open doors in TV? Would be curious to hear how effective you felt that was. I've always been a feature guy myself but would love to get into TV. I know I need to write a pilot (working on it) but it seems like my reps are waiting for that rather than using my features to get me in the door on TV stuff.
            Yeah, I've pitched a series based off getting in the room with a feature.

Comment

When I had reps they said (even though we had a pilot reading to go) that they wouldn't do anything with it until we sold a feature basically.

Even had a TV agent who refused to do anything with it.

So that's fun!

Comment

i think in today's market it suits the writer best to have both a high quality pilot spec and a feature. they are different. with several players entering the market with new streaming services there are more opportunities for longer form TV. a feature can be sold to a streamer. if the world is sufficient, it can be expanded into a mini-series or a limited series like Chernobyl.

better to have both. managers feel that way, too.

things have changed a lot in the past 5 - 10 years, what was done before is not "standard" anymore. ask Ron Howard and Brian Glazer. admirably, they are adapting to the new norm. (new deadline article out).
                "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I think I'm jonesing for TV.

I had a great idea with my "ex" writing partner, but I'm trying to figure out does the muddy the waters or as my other thread was takling about, is that a good idea? To branch out -- write with others -- make friends all over the place -- tell your rep this is me. I write solo. With Jen. With Mark. And go sell this sh%t thank you please.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                    What should I write next?

Your strongest concept.
                    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

They're all winners!

Comment

This whole forum has gone quiet... Gucci we need ya!

I'm 100% afraid he's been taking hostage by the mole.

Now should I write this real life story ripped from the headlines as a tv show like law and order or a feature film which is more a fake documentary style?

Comment

I would say whatever you're better at.

For me, I'm not a big TV guy. But I have seen more movies than I care to admit. Trying to master features is enough for me at the moment. Perhaps at some point, I will put in the time required to master the pilot.

Feel free to reach out should you need some reading eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                            This whole forum has gone quiet... Gucci we need ya!

I'm 100% afraid he's been taking hostage by the mole.

Now should I write this real life story ripped from the headlines as a tv show like law and order or a feature film which is more a fake documentary style?
                            Sorry to 'ghost' you... we didn't break up... I'm just in the middle of moving. This shiz sucks-azz!

Ps... the moles will never get me. I'm way too fukkin elusive for those fukkers to ever snatch me up and throw me into the back of a rape van.
                            Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

You should have been in my head to think of the ways they murdered you... glad "you're" back... and not an imposter... which is not a real theory I'm having.... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X