No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up And Coming Managers/Agents?

Hi,

I've been writing for a long time and have a lot of work written, but I'm knew to the whole business side of writing. I was wondering if anyone had any names of new up and coming literary mangers or agents looking for clients. I've sent in many query letters and received a lot of no's. I'm just looking for at least one person to read a script who is in the business. If they lean more towards Television, that would be best.

Thanks in advanced!

Re: Up And Coming Managers/Agents?

Well how about if you simply are able to get the satisfaction of querying someone and getting a guaranteed response? Hop over to: www.VirtualPitchfest.com and buy a few pitches... Or at least look at their list and see what people are looking for, and try to match them up with your screenplays.
    A good script is a good script. And read the trades to see who is moving up from the mail room.

Good (it takes more than) luck! LA
    LA
    Check out my animated feature available on VOD:
    www.TheGridZom.com

Comment

You sir are a genius. As a starving writer, I guess I can go a few days without eating to get some pitches out lol

Comment

Time is money. : )
        LA
        www.TheGridZom.com

Comment

enter some good contests (Bluecat and trackingb have deadlines coming up)... try Blacklist's site... shoot some queries out on your own... keep hustling!

Comment

Try Mark Lawyer at Markerhouse... he is building up his TV stable, and has two writers that recently sold pilots.

[email protected]
            "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

Is he in Dallas ?

Comment

Originally posted by Equalizer View Post
                Hi,

I've been writing for a long time and have a lot of work written, but I'm knew to the whole business side of writing. I was wondering if anyone had any names of new up and coming literary mangers or agents looking for clients. I've sent in many query letters and received a lot of no's. I'm just looking for at least one person to read a script who is in the business. If they lean more towards Television, that would be best.

Thanks in advanced!
                http://americanfilmmarket.com/about-afm/
                Genius sees everything.
                Genius sees.

Posey Mund.

Comment

Originally posted by EscapeFL View Post
                  Well how about if you simply are able to get the satisfaction of querying someone and getting a guaranteed response? Hop over to: www.VirtualPitchfest.com and buy a few pitches... Or at least look at their list and see what people are looking for, and try to match them up with your screenplays.
                  A good script is a good script. And read the trades to see who is moving up from the mail room.

Good (it takes more than) luck! LA
                  I've noticed that there are quite a few people at APA listed on Virtual Pitch Fest. Seems odd since none of them are listed on IMDB Pro. Is it simply a case of assistants getting some extra pocket money for fielding pitches which they'd be doing anyway? And is VPF inflating its list of industry pros with people who aren't really in a position to do anything with your script?

I received a read request via VPF from someone who was listed with a very reputable lit management company. He read the script and called me. Turns out he's an assistant at the management company. He wants to develop the script with me, but said it would not be under the auspices of the management company. He's building a roster of writer clients for when he moves on to a real manager position. Nice guy, but being listed that way on VPF was misleading.

Comment

Not to bag on VPF, but once you've sent out 14 queries, you've essentially paid off your Imdb pro membership (going by VPF rates).

Comment

P.S. Get your hands on the scoggins report or Erik Bork's $7 listing (with email addys) of *who sold what* to guide you

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                        Erik Bork's $7 listing (with email addys) of *who sold what*
                        What is this exactly? Do you have a link?
                        --Thanks!

Comment

http://www.flyingwrestler.com/2015/0...ing-a-manager/

Comment

I want to say this as nice as possible but it has always baffled me why people don't work as hard at getting their material out as they did on the actual script. It takes some digging and a lot of e mails, but it can be done.

Comment

I have an email tracking program, and I can tell if someone has opened my emails or not. Guess what? A ton go unopened. SO... back to my suggestion of Virtual Pitch Fest, where they have to respond or you get your pitch credited back.
                              I would rather know that they are not interested, rather than wonder why they didn't respond. Sure, some are opened and I still wonder why, but that's okay. I'll cross them off of my list for the time being, and move on.
                              LA
                              www.TheGridZom.com

Comment

Working...
                              X