Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm goin back to Hollywierd!

FINALLY! I got my Family Guy job. It only took 4 months of waiting. I haven't worked on this show since 1999! That's one hell of a break in between!

It would be cool to meet up with any done dealers livin out in the bunghole that is Los Angeles...even if we've had some disagreements in the past.

Yay work!

Re: I'm goin back to Hollywierd!

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post
    FINALLY! I got my Family Guy job. It only took 4 months of waiting. I haven't worked on this show since 1999! That's one hell of a break in between!

It would be cool to meet up with any done dealers livin out in the bunghole that is Los Angeles...even if we've had some disagreements in the past.

Yay work!
    Then I guess we're drinking this Patriot Ale I picked up last night!
    sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! It's one of my favorite shows.

Don't f* it up!
      I'm always right.

Comment

And you have a Simpsons avatar....

.......Traitor!

J/K. I'm a big Family Guy fan. It went from the early days of 'Shock-Jock' cartoon comedy, to embracing the whole satire thing.

I remember watching the whole Joe/Wheelchair episode in series one and thinking 'Yawn, here we go again.'

But series two onwards (much like The Simpsons) the whole thing found it's foothold. Now I love all of them. I love the in-jokes. I love Brian and his whole 'writer' thang (I think we all secretly love that one) and Stewie moving on from just hating Lois to having this whole other dynamic (including the whole 'Is he-Isn't he?' aspect) and most of all I like to see that America isn't as P.C. as other shows would have us believe.

You have some squeaky clean shows that make it onto our E4 channel. Stuff that might as well have been smeared with a bleach-soaked wet-wipe.

Family Guy is still (apart from South Park) the show that makes me go 'ooooooooo isn't it too early for that?'

So all that said, Beer beast, don't hold back. throw Political correctness to the wind. That's why I continue to watch this show.

Comment

Good work (in both meanings)!

Now just remember... 'I' before 'E' except after 'C'...

...except in 'weird'.

It's weird that way.

*Captain Pedant blasts off into the sky*
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Nice.

Tell that Macfarlane about Done Deal.
            Write.Sell.Repeat.

Theoretically...

Comment

Congrats!
              One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post

Yay work!
                From the land of downunder, I bid you success and good fortune.

Grats.
                @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Aw shucks. Thanks guyz. I'll do my best as always..but i don't think the worst produced FG episode would cause it to be cancelled. It's far too popular right now.

Still, I am looking forward to work and possibly writing a few episodes in between my animation duties. ( as I did for Cartoon network )

Comment

Congrats!
                    Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Wow.

Congrat-a-freakin-lations.

That show is perpetually taped on my DVR. I love it.

And I recently did some animation work with a guy who used to be a producer on the show (Dan R.) and he said that Seth and his crew love to break balls of the new writers, so you're probably in for it. (Although, you're technically not new, so..)

At any rate, good for you. That's a wonderful success.

santino

Comment

Good job!!! You go!

Comment

Saw episode 100 last night. Seth Mac is one crazy mofo.
                          sigpic

Comment

My softball team is named the 'Drunken Clam'
                            "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

I'm not getting hired as a writer. I'm doing storyboards and stuff ( though, I will TRY to write a few specs )

Comment

Working...
                              X