Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Notes Cheap

Bart, you glossed right over my question.

I know you have bigger fish to fry, but I am curious. This would be something that would separate you from the average guy doing notes. An actual sale.

Comment

Okay, I have received the script from Stephen. Please give me a couple of days to read it and work on it.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Originally posted by beejay View Post
        Bart, you glossed right over my question.

I know you have bigger fish to fry, but I am curious. This would be something that would separate you from the average guy doing notes. An actual sale.
        That separation is part of his whole pitch, Beejay. He has sold and is WGA.

I read his Band Camp spec a few years back out of curiosity. I personally think Universal ruined his draft by the time they produced it.

Comment

gotcha, assuming you mean the Band Camp that turned into American Pie Band Camp. If they destroyed his original script, then this would make sense that he wouldn't mention it by name.

all good, was just curious about that, thanks Pardack.

Comment

"Credit is in short supply, blame is plentiful"

- written on the bathroom wall at Sony.

I've also done a bunch of rewrite jobs but who knows how they'll turn out if they get produced. Selling a script is tough, Beejay, but getting the script you sold made, as opposed to a distant cousin version, is even tougher. Regrettably, the way WGA credits work, it can be in a rewriter's financial interest to change stuff even if it doesn't really need to be changed.

Two examples are Curious George and the Flintstones... dozens of writers had the assignment one after another over a decade each, and every one tried to change it enough to get credit.
            - - - - - - -
            Script consulting still going strong.

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

Originally posted by stephenleehess View Post
              Dear Comic,

It would be my pleasure to send you my script and I'd be happy for Bart to post his notes.

Thanks guys,

Steve
              Let's make it even more interesting... when Comic's ready, post this other dude's 'Consider.' Let's move this to a new Smackdown thread.
              - - - - - - -

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

Bart, thanks for the info.

edited: emailing you this question.

Comment

I have opened a "stub" thread here for further discussion of Steve's script, once I finish reading it and putting some notes together.

I will post some of my thoughts there, once I finish reading the script and put some notes together. I believe Steve has agreed to have Bart provide his notes also. Then there was a second professional review, too.

In the meantime, if you have anything to say on this subject, please post it in the new thread instead of here in Bart's thread.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

I just completed a set of notes and follow up emails with Bart, and I am happy to cast my vote in the 'well worth the price of admission' camp.

He asked me tough questions that cut to the core of the script- tough but smart. I clearly have to do some work on the script, but I'm more convinced than ever that I have the heart of a good story sussed out now.

I also got great style pointers along the way. I will definitely continue to use his service for future projects.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenOfCups View Post
                      I just completed a set of notes and follow up emails with Bart, and I am happy to cast my vote in the 'well worth the price of admission' camp.

He asked me tough questions that cut to the core of the script- tough but smart. I clearly have to do some work on the script, but I'm more convinced than ever that I have the heart of a good story sussed out now.

I also got great style pointers along the way. I will definitely continue to use his service for future projects.

Thanks, D.J., always nice to hear when positive momentum is created for a client.
                      - - - - - - -

Comment

De Nada.

Comment

I used Bart's service a couple of times in the recent past.

He was very helpful and his comments were right on the spot.

Putting it all together, it resulted in my script being considered for representation with an offer on the table.

I would definitely recommend, Bart.
                          Last edited by spacefarer; 11-18-2009, 05:56 AM.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by spacefarer View Post
                            I used Bart's service a couple of times in the recent past.

He was very helpful and his comments were right on the spot.

Putting it all together, it resulted in my script being considered for representation with an offer on the table.

I would definitely recommend, Bart.

Ditto. Of course I've been recommending Bart's service for a long time, up to and including my getting signed.

Ironically, this made him a victim of his own success- as I didn't have occasion to get a script read aside from my manager for a while.

Lo and behold I resolved this year to dust off a passion project of yore and see how far I might be able to take it. Just got notes. Bart hasn't missed a beat (or raised the price.) Easily my favorite resource for notes on a screenplay at any stage of development.

P
                            A
                            R
                            D
                            A
                            C
                            K

Comment

Always a mensch, Pardack.

Gracias.
                              - - - - - - -

Comment

Hey Bart!

How's it going down there in Hollywood?

You still doing coverage?

If so, I'd like to use your service. But my script won't be ready until probably next year.

Do you like horror screenplays?

Could you email me a sample coverage for a horror screenplay you've done? If so, I'll pm you my email address.

What will your coverage cost me?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X