2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Originally posted by rwpilkington View Post
    Sorry - new around here?
    Is there a deadline for donations we'd like to submit a script with?
    Thanks,
    Per Joe: This year's Heart Walk takes place on October 6th so we'll be raising money and accepting donations until then.

Comment

Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

You can submit/donate as many times as you like if you have more than one script you'd like Daniel to consider.

You can donate now and submit later if you're still working on your script.

The pile is growing but Daniel is getting to scripts and a couple people have earned an open window to submit any new work to him any time they want.

There will be no halting of submissions/donations until October 6th. It may take Dan some time to get to your script but he willl get to it.

We've raised almost $5,000 so far. Nice work, everybody!
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Awesome, Joe. Kickass way to fight heart disease.

Comment

Just donated!!! Very excited.
          www.thebloodrace.com

Comment

$5,000! Awesome.

Comment

Really nice idea and a good cause.

Donated and PM'd you.
              Jack Marchetti
              "If you're good at something never do it for free" - The Joker

Comment

I'm in! $50 on its way.

Comment

Just donated, where should I submit my script?

Heard about this through the Scriptnotes podcast, sounds like a great cause and an amazing opportunity-- thanks!

Comment

Being a stroke surviver myself this cause is really important to me and the support these charities provide makes a huge difference to peoples lives.

Events like strokes are often casually referred to in the media but it's important to remember what a harrowing ordeal these events can be; they affect all walks of life too, I was 32 when I had mine. The affects can be physical and mental but also psychological, impacting every part of your life and that of those around you.

I'm here now typing and writing with both hands even though my right side was completely disabled at one point. I've been lucky thanks to my age and other factors. It was a traumatic experience for me but I've made great recovery; others aren't so lucky.

The human body has an amazing ability to recover; I hope you kind folks will show the human spirt's amazing ability to show compassion and generosity by giving what you can and feel comfortable with to this cause.

So now an event that had such a negative impact on my life is giving me an amazing opportunity to get my work read and help others.. nice little plot point there.

Comment

What a great opportunity - thanks so much for arranging it. Quick question: will he consider people from outside the US? (I'm British and already have a UK agent, but management is different, right?)

Comment

Benderspink represents international clientle, too...even Brits!
                        "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

$9,700! Way to go, Joe.
                          "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
                            Benderspink represents international clientle, too...even Brits!
                            Thanks Joe - I'll need to talk to my agent first (management not really being something we have over here) but I'm pretty sure he'll be okay with it and then I'll put something(s) in...

Comment

GREAT idea and a great cause. I'll try to help spread the word.

Wolf

Comment

Once I donate, what's the preferred form for my script, a PDF or a physical copy?

Comment

Working...
                                X