No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting blown off..

Hi guys,

So I'm not quite sure how I should feel. I had a manager show interest AND this person proposed a Skype meeting for today (don't live in LA but am in CA).
    The time came and went and I didn't get any email/call from her as to why it didn't happen.

Is this person professional? Should I bother following up? Am a jolly mix of pissed, disappointed and confused. Any encouraging words or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Meeting blown off..

Why wouldn't you follow-up professionally and see what happened? There's no downside to it.
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
    Dave Barry

Comment

True, Centurio. Just sent a short note asking what happened and if she'd be rescheduling. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else..
      UPDATE: Manager fractured her toe and meeting had slipped her mind. She just sent an email and rescheduled for next week. How dramatic. Hollywood, baby!
      Last edited by ManbunShiva; 12-06-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Oh, yeah, the age old "fractured toe" fallback excuse. Boy, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that... .

Just kidding. As NASA used to say, "Hubble happens".
        Things happen to everyone, even in Hollywood. Glad to hear you're moving forward!

Comment

Welcome to Hollywood

Until I actually have a SIGNED contract WITH MONEY BEHIND IT on the table, I always just assume that whomever I'm currently corresponding with for whatever reason will, at some point in the process -- could be after one phone call, could be after drinks, after going on a camping trip with his family -- disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpywriter View Post
            Welcome to Hollywood

Until I actually have a SIGNED contract WITH MONEY BEHIND IT on the table, I always just assume that whomever I'm currently corresponding with for whatever reason will, at some point in the process -- could be after one phone call, could be after drinks, after going on a camping trip with his family -- disappear.
            It's an incredibly vexing phenomenon, isn't it. There's a (quite legit, too), Producer who is interested in a project of mine. Has probably e-mailed me 9 times over the past 5 months now always saying let's talk this week, only to go MIA when I ask when is good for him, only for him to inevitably pop-up a few weeks later, apologize profusely, and do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
              It's an incredibly vexing phenomenon, isn't it. There's a (quite legit, too), Producer who is interested in a project of mine. Has probably e-mailed me 9 times over the past 5 months now always saying let's talk this week, only to go MIA when I ask when is good for him, only for him to inevitably pop-up a few weeks later, apologize profusely, and do the same thing.
              Haha.. I know. I've long since stopped being surprised by it or even offended. If anything I find it (a little) amusing. I had a guy last year -- a producer/actor -- who wanted to option a script of mine. We talked on the phone numerous times, and he insisted on taking me out for a beer when I was in LA for a meeting. During the beer he was acting like we were best buddies, telling me about his wife and kid, etc... We went through some notes on the script, and then I mentioned some kind of payment for the option and it was like he evaporated -- poof. Never heard from him again

Comment

Hahaha! You guys... These are some hilarious war stories.
                Guess everyone should get used to their special power of going POOF! at a moment's notice.
                My meeting is scheduled for tomorrow. Should have a fun report.
                Last edited by ManbunShiva; 12-09-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

UPDATE:
                  Skype meeting went well. Manager would like me to visit the office to meet her and her partner. Anything you guys could suggest on what I should prepare for/be prepared for? Thanks as always!

Comment

Originally posted by ManbunShiva View Post
                    UPDATE:
                    Skype meeting went well. Manager would like me to visit the office to meet her and her partner. Anything you guys could suggest on what I should prepare for/be prepared for? Thanks as always!
                    Always take the water. If they ask you something that you need a moment to think about it gives you an excuse.
                    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                    Dave Barry

Comment

Good tip, Centurion. So, I shouldn't pull a Kramer and ask for a "cafe latte"
                      I sure hope she's not distractingly sexy. I'll need the water so I'm not licking my lips like a deviant as she runs screaming for the door...

Comment

Working...
                      X