Candy Land: the Movie, starring... Adam Sandler!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy Land: the Movie, starring... Adam Sandler!

Yes that's right, after going in drag and fighting himself for Jack and Jill, Adam Sandler will be starring in film based upon the board game CandyLand (though Robert Smigel's writing might make this good):

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/hasb...-adam-sandler/

CULVER CITY, Calif., January 31, 2012 – Columbia Pictures, Happy Madison and Hasbro, Inc. are in final talks to develop Candy Land, a live action movie based on the bestselling Hasbro board game with Adam Sandler attached to star, it was jointly announced today by Doug Belgrad, President of Columbia Pictures, Hannah Minghella, President of Production for Columbia Pictures, and Brian Goldner, Hasbro President and CEO. Kevin Lima (Enchanted) is attached to direct the project for the studio with Sandler and Robert Smigel are in talks to write the screenplay.

Commenting on the announcement, Belgrad said, “Candy Land is more than just a game. It is a brand that children, parents and grandparents know and love. The world of Candy Land offers an extraordinary canvas upon which to create a fantastical, live-action family adventure film with a larger than life part for Adam. We are thrilled to partner with Hasbro and Happy Madison on this project.”

Re: Candy Land: the Movie, starring... Adam Sandler!

I think God's left his OUT TO LUNCH sign on St. Peter's gates again....
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I don't envy their having to follow Katy Perry's examination of the turmoil which befalls confection based cultures.

Seriously, everyone loves Willy Wonka. This could be fun.

Comment

I better hurry up and finish my Tic Tac Toe spec.
        Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

What the f*ck is Candyland?

Comment

Originally posted by one seven spectrum View Post
            Evidently it's Adam Sandler in candy-themed drag.

Comment

I got a Hungry, Hungry Hippos spec I wanna shop around... but then again, no.

Sheesh! What's Hollywood thinking?
              I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by Chakala View Post
                I got a Hungry, Hungry Hippos spec I wanna shop around... but then again, no.

Sheesh! What's Hollywood thinking?

Comment

What impact is this going to have on my Canasta-based spec?

Comment

I actually kind of get this now. My new manager rejected every idea I've ever thought of. A wall of ideas, none of them good enough. So I started to get desperate. Eventually I was looking at my sock drawer thinking, "What if my socks came to life! Can I write a story about socks?"

So I think desperate execs just keep looking at random things around their house and saying "Yes! That's an idea!"
                    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                      I actually kind of get this now. My new manager rejected every idea I've ever thought of. A wall of ideas, none of them good enough. So I started to get desperate. Eventually I was looking at my sock drawer thinking, "What if my socks came to life! Can I write a story about socks?"

So I think desperate execs just keep looking at random things around their house and saying "Yes! That's an idea!"
                      No, no, no. You grab a list of ALL public domain content and jazz it up a bit. With Zombies... with Aliens... set in a Post-Apocalyptic world...

I pitched an alien based Deer Slayer, and the room went nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven L. View Post
                        No, no, no. You grab a list of ALL public domain content and jazz it up a bit. With Zombies... with Aliens... set in a Post-Apocalyptic world...

I pitched an alien based Deer Slayer, and the room went nuts.
                        Hah! Already been there. I was looking through the public domain list when I came upon Candide, and I thought yes! It's an action adventure story. I love Candide! I'm gonna write Candide in space!

Then I went and reread Candide. What a phenomenally idiotic idea that was.
                        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Candy Land is a who-can-get-to-the-finish-line-first board game for children too young to be able to read. They pick a card with a color on it and go to that color on the trail through Candyland. There are places with Candy names along the way, but the characters and story will have to be created out of nothing.

Originally posted by one seven spectrum View Post

Comment

So this is gonna be Jumanji 2?
                            INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
                            Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

Oh man. That "Hungry Hungry Hippos" idea is rock star gold. I can see it already on SyFy... "When scientists develop a weapon grade species of Hippo and the four different colored test subjects escape, they go on a rampage easting as many human heads as they can gobble up in an attempt to curb their insatiable hunger."

I so want to write this

Comment

Working...
                              X