This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Already taking a few bookings for March but plenty of spots left in February. Get in touch if you want to make a reservation.

Email me at [email protected]
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    15,000+ Screenplays
    [email protected]

Comment

Little update...

Voltage Pictures is in a bit of legal turmoil and has decided not to move forward with The Guns Of Christmas Past. They're keeping my other project Bullet Run and searching for a new director.

On the upside, I already have interest elsewhere.

The other upside is that I no longer have to do a rewrite for Voltage in July so I'm free to read more material. So get in touch and make a reservation.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying summer. If you want to make a reservation for me to read your screenplay, shoot me an email: [email protected]
      Last edited by EvilRbt; 06-25-2015, 09:13 PM.
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      15,000+ Screenplays
      [email protected]

Comment

Hey Drew -- did you do a Lugnut list for 2014?

Comment

Originally posted by opie View Post
          To be honest, I was so slammed around the end of 2014 I didn't have time. Once my schedule slowed down, I felt it was too late. If there were demand for it, I could still generate one but I just got too busy working on GUNS OF CHRISTMAS PAST and a couple of other projects.
          NOTES / COVERAGE
          15,000+ Screenplays
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
            If there were demand for it, I could still generate one...
            I demand it!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
              If there were demand for it..
              Only if one of my scripts is on the list.

Comment

If I get time this month I'll do the 2014 Lug List. I also got really sick in Nov/Dec last year, which derailed me.
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

A couple of times a year, I send out emails to clients with discounted rates. If anyone wants to get onto my email list, send me a PM or email me at [email protected]
                  NOTES / COVERAGE
                  15,000+ Screenplays
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by opie View Post
                    Get some.

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...d.php?p=925738
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

FYI turnaround is only about a week right now. The shortest it's been in 4 years.

Be aware, if you book a spot with me, you don't have to send your PDF or payment until the day before I read it.
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      15,000+ Screenplays
                      [email protected]

Comment

sorry, posted to the wrong post.
                        826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

The belated Lugnuts reminded me of how remiss I was about a year or so ago.

I've only used the Rabbity One once, and that was for a script back in 2010. I would use him again, but haven't had anything worth submitting since then. The notes were accurate, not totally unkind, and Drew took the time to be very accessible throughout the process. I'd recommend him to anyone who asked, and also add that the others listed here are none too shabby either!

The script received a Lugnut for 2010, which thrilled me to no end. I did the query route and had several requests, one of which moved fairly high up the food chain of two major Prodcos, but no one pulled the trigger on it.

That was in 2010/2011....What I was remiss of early last year, was to come here and mention that in 2014, Drew had a contact who was looking for something to shoot in China. Drew remembered my script and sent me an e-mail with the contact information as a way of introduction.

The script still didn't go anywhere, but I've been meaning to publicly thank(& give some props to) Drew. As I said, I've only used him once, but 4 years after our business together, he was kind enough to contact me with a "lead" and introduction.

That's just the kind of guy he is, and the thoroughness with which he does business.

Glad you got through the health issues, Andrew! Good to see you're busy, and wishing you much progressive success in all of your endeavors!!!

Midnite

P.S...May have something coming up for your reading later this year and will let ya know:-)

Comment

I just received great notes from Drew. Sent my script yesterday morning. By yesterday afternoon, the coverage was in my email. I suppose this falls into the "humble brag" category, but I am happy to report that said coverage includes my new favorite words: Writer: CONSIDER and Project: CONSIDER.

Comment

Congrats, I have yet to get past a Consider /w reservations, but his notes are always on point! Mind if I ask what you got in the Excellent, Good, Fair, etc columns?

Comment

Hello!

Does anyone know if Drew still does the Screenplay Mechanic? After doing some research I noticed that his script got picked up so I'm sure that has been demanding some of his time. After reading through this thread I'm eager to get his opinions but don't want to hold on to false hope. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X