Who Will Be The First To Put One Of These Satanic Horrors In Their Screenplay?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Be The First To Put One Of These Satanic Horrors In Their Screenplay?

WTF?!

This thing looks like a cross between a violin, a Gatling gun and some kind of deviated cyborg monstrosity. Is she playing it, or is it playing her?

Patty Gurdy - Heebie Jeebie (I mean Hurdy Gurdy music)

Gives me the willies.
    "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Re: Who Will Be The First To Put One Of These Satanic Horrors In Their Screenplay?

Oh wow! Thankful for logging onto DoneDeal during a break, learned something interesting today. A hurdy gurdy. I kind of like it. Nice post Story.

Comment

Re: Who Will Be The First To Put One Of These Satanic Horrors In Their Screenplay?

Yeah they've got a great sound, like a Celtic Irish or Scandinavian folk vibe. That ain't her first rodeo.

Comment

Yeah stumbled across that a few months ago, another cool "oddity" is three women playing bagpipes Scots, American and Indian

However if you really want Satanic extras try Youtubing Clandonnia. Physically they're straight from the deepest darkest depth of Rob Zombies story telling
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
          WTF?!

This thing looks like a cross between a violin, a Gatling gun and some kind of deviated cyborg monstrosity. Is she playing it, or is it playing her?

Gives me the willies.
          Is that what the dude is playing in the background of this video?
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EZaWfLc-eo
          STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

That instrument is crazy! It's like part bagpipe, part sitar, parts... keyboard, accordion, violin. It's like the kitchen sink of instruments.

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
              Is that what the dude is playing in the background of this video?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EZaWfLc-eo
              Yes.

More information than you care to know. Apparently hurdy gurdies came into existence in 1,100 AD, two-hundred years after violins, which they sort of mutated from. They were invented in France. Originally they were all rectangular, box shaped. The first ones were ten times larger than the "portable" ones and were used elusively for liturgical music in the Catholic Church. The big ones needed two people to play them. One person to crank them and one to play the keys. They were used in Catholic Churches until they were replaced by pipe organs.

The reason most hurdy gurdies are no longer box shaped is that they got so popular in the 16th and 17th centuries that supply couldn't keep up with demand, so they started cannibalizing lute bodies to make hurdy gurdies. Eventually people liked the lute shape ones more, so they stuck.

Now for the video on how they ACTUALLY work (as explained by "Oswald The Lucky Rabbit" and Walt Disney, in 1929):
              Oswald The Lucky Rabbit in Hurdy Gurdy

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
                Yeah they've got a great sound, like a Celtic Irish or Scandinavian folk vibe. That ain't her first rodeo.
                Yeah, I bet she spends about twelve hours a day on that thing.

Comment

I like it, it sounds better than a bagpipe.

I can already see writing it into an action script, only it DOES turn into a gatling gun.

I love musically inclined people. They're cool.
                  FA4
                  "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Don't know if you've seen this, but this guy is a genius.

https://youtu.be/IvUU8joBb1Q

Comment

Originally posted by kenklmn View Post
                      Don't know if you've seen this, but this guy is a genius.

https://youtu.be/IvUU8joBb1Q
                      Yes I have seen it and he is a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
                        WTF?!

Gives me the willies.
                        It looks like a meat grinder met an organ grinder. It seems like a fast track to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, too. Cool sound, though. Kudos to anyone who can play any instrument so well. And now, at least, I understand what Donovan was singing about in “Hurdy Gurdy Man.”
                        “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                        X