View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 02:21 AM   #1
crossword
New User

Default Producers seeking Asian-centric stories like Crazy Rich Asians?

I read the success of Crazy Rich Asians has Hollywood seeking similar Asian-centric stories.

Can anyone suggest producers, production companies, and studios that I can query with my novel?

I’m an Indian woman living in India. Ten years ago, I had a reputable Canadian agent. She loved my novel, a multi-cultural romantic comedy set in India.

She sent it to various publishers in the US. Since the novel didn't sell to any US publisher, my agent and I parted ways, and I self-published the novel, but didn't market it much. It received over 80 reviews on Amazon, most of them 5 and 4 star.

I eventually unpublished it. I wonder if Hollywood might be interested in such a novel, even if publishers aren't.

I'm busy working on another novel and I have no interest in writing a screenplay based on the rom com.

Can anyone suggest producers I can query with my novel? how can I market my novel to them?

I see Jon M. Chu directed Crazy Rich Asians. I don't know if it was very presumptuous of me, but I messaged him on FB and asked him for advice too.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Last edited by Done Deal Pro : 12-18-2018 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting
crossword is offline   Reply With Quote