No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A New Podcast?

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
    That podcast and spending way too much time reading hacked Sony emails were my two biggest resources in understanding the business side of things. Currently, Todd Garner's podcast is a helluva resource as well.
    Those emails were GOLD. Especially the ones where Scott Rudin talks about AJ. I felt so guilty reading them, but I couldn't stop.

So, the only podcast I really listen to is Script Notes. I still like it, but it's wearing a little thin this past year. I'm going to check out some of the other podcasts mentioned here.

To those of you starting a new one, I'll definitely listen!

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post
      Those emails were GOLD. Especially the ones where Scott Rudin talks about AJ. I felt so guilty reading them, but I couldn't stop.

So, the only podcast I really listen to is Script Notes. I still like it, but it's wearing a little thin this past year. I'm going to check out some of the other podcasts mentioned here.

To those of you starting a new one, I'll definitely listen!
      Agreed! I enjoy Scriptnotes at times (the "NOTES ON NOTES" episode. Fukking EPIC! Loved the sh!t outta that episode!). But, in their quest to play incredibly PC, I feel like there's way too much Rom/Com-Chick-lit stuff on it. It's off balance IMO. That or bringing on the same hugely established writers (showrunners). Bruh, bring on some struggling writers. I wanna hear from them. Repped, but struggling. It's becoming a bit *way too insidery* IMO...

There's room for another podcast that deals with the daily bullsh!t grind that WE deal with. IMO.
      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
        Agreed! I enjoy Scriptnotes at times (the "NOTES ON NOTES" episode. Fukking EPIC! Loved the sh!t outta that episode!). But, in their quest to play incredibly PC, I feel like there's way too much Rom/Com-Chick-lit stuff on it. It's off balance IMO. That or bringing on the same hugely established writers (showrunners). Bruh, bring on some struggling writers. I wanna hear from them. Repped, but struggling. It's becoming a bit *way too insidery* IMO...

There's room for another podcast that deals with the daily bullsh!t grind that WE deal with. IMO.
        I agree with everything you just said. I do have two favorite episodes. One is when they have the owner of Final Draft on and Craig unleashes the umbrage. John barely speaks -- John is so polite! It's like when you're in a restaurant and the couple next to you starts having a whispered fight. You feel bad listening, but you can't help it. That episode feels the same way. Episode 129 -- https://johnaugust.com/2014/the-one-...om-final-draft

And then the episode with Malcolm Spellman on it. He's one my favorite screenwriters of all time. (Along with Shane Black.) I could listen to him talk about things for hours. Okay, I found it. I'm going to listen to it again this weekend, it's been a while. Episode 185 -- https://johnaugust.com/2015/malcolm-...-study-in-heat

The title is "A Study in Heat." He talks about his trough experience, where he wasn't getting calls, and had to reinvent himself as a writer and get his momentum back. Etc. Worth a revisit.

Comment

Malcolm used to post on DD as "BattleDolphinZero", lots of good stuff in the archives.

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post
            I agree with everything you just said. I do have two favorite episodes. One is when they have the owner of Final Draft on and Craig unleashes the umbrage. John barely speaks -- John is so polite! It's like when you're in a restaurant and the couple next to you starts having a whispered fight. You feel bad listening, but you can't help it. That episode feels the same way. Episode 129 -- https://johnaugust.com/2014/the-one-...om-final-draft

And then the episode with Malcolm Spellman on it. He's one my favorite screenwriters of all time. (Along with Shane Black.) I could listen to him talk about things for hours. Okay, I found it. I'm going to listen to it again this weekend, it's been a while. Episode 185 -- https://johnaugust.com/2015/malcolm-...-study-in-heat

The title is "A Study in Heat." He talks about his trough experience, where he wasn't getting calls, and had to reinvent himself as a writer and get his momentum back. Etc. Worth a revisit.
            Ha! Haven't heard that episode (129), sounds hilarious. Craig cracks me the fukk up!

Will listen to both. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
              Malcolm used to post on DD as "BattleDolphinZero", lots of good stuff in the archives.
              Interesting. I remember BattleDolphinZero from back in the day.

Comment

Working...
              X