Clear All

Re: comedies with a dark twist

Chuck and Buck
    Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

Originally posted by snwrist View Post
      American Psycho
      Oh yeah. And I Shot Andy Warhol, except not as dark.

My favorites are the Scandinavians, especially the Danes and the Finns.

Factotum, O'Horten, The Bothersome Man (great gore too) and my favorite, Festen (The Celebration).
      Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM might be considered a comedy with a dark twist, because of what happened to Michael Caine at the end.

Comment

some great suggestions, thanks everyone.

MT
          If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
            Dr Stangelove is the first that comes to mind because I think it's my favorite movie.. but actually not sure.
            Hmm, I'd have mentioned the "Doctor" right off, but three or four ahead of me have already done so!

Anyway, I just wrapped up a dark-comedy spec that's taglined "Dr. Strangelove for Beheaders". It doesn't end up with the end of the world, but geopolitically it's probably worse than 9/11.

Comment

Re: Comedies with a dark twist

Grosse Pointe Blank is dark, but more of a turn of events, not sure if it's the kind of twist you're after.
              Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Re: Comedies with a dark twist

actually, Gross Pointe Blank is pretty close to what I'm thinking of. Bad Santa as well. Films that aren't "black comedies" per se, but are fun comedies with a dark edge. Very Bad Things comes to mind as well, though that may be darker than I remember it being...it's been 10 years since I saw it. thanks.

MT

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
                Grosse Pointe Blank is dark, but more of a turn of events, not sure if it's the kind of twist you're after.
                If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Working...
                X