Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret service dilemma?

Just as a general example - if the president came under threat of assassination by a group who were all *example* Masons, what would the secret service do with any of their agents/staff who happened to be masons too?

I'm guessing they'd just be assigned to different cases far from the president and probably watched closely.

Does anybody (unlikely enough) know any info or precedents at all?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question - I'm just kinda fishing here

Thanks
    Last edited by Steven Jenkins; 10-09-2010, 05:33 AM.
    "Would you take a f**k to save your president?"

Re: secret service dilemma?

i'm just guessing too
    but i don't think they assume all members of the masons work together like the klan. even the klan has different groups: ie - some violent, some non-violent

but you should use the tea party. they're more cohesive (and dangerous) than the masons.

however, when you work for the federal gov't in a non-political position, you must sign away your rights to mix your personal political positions with your work duties and responsibilities.

Comment

Re: Secret service dilemma?

If there's any perceived notion of an Agent's political/personal beliefs interfering with their duties, the dude/dudette is off the Presidential detail.

These guys don't **** around. Even getting to be a Secret Service Agent is tough.

I always liked what they did in Air Force One: No explanation, just the SSA started shooting the other Agents. The author(s) of the flick just left it up to the audience to say, "Ok, he's one of the bad guys." That he wasn't a major focus of the story obviously helped, but still...

By the way, for one of my screenplays, I had to do a little bit of research on the Secret Service. Quite a bit out there that's available online. And no one's bothered to check up on--hold on. Someone's at the d

Comment

LOL *calls 911 for haroldhecuba*

Ok - maybe masons were a bad example.

Lets use Facebook instead - or something similar, and obscure (I've got IMVU in mind).

Say Facebook was a near unknown after just starting off, with just a few hundred thou users, and a group was using it to subtly recruit and orchestrate political assinations (assuming that it's feasible), finally targeting the big cheese. What then for the odd one or two SS agents who had facebook accounts?

How sensitive are these serious-suits?

*doorbell rings*

And thanks for the feedba
        Last edited by Steven Jenkins; 09-29-2010, 04:03 AM.

Comment

go with the tea party or coffee party -- they're up and coming radical organizations. write for the future, not the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Anitapooh
            Why would the SS agents have Facebook accounts?
            WHo knows! Talk to their kids perhaps - or just trying to look kool even. If we're talking about IMVU, maybe they're looking for a good virtual fck. What I'm asking is, how would their boses respond in the cited situation? I'm not saying they have "secret service agent" logged for profession, or "Larynx crushing" as passtime for heavens sake.

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
            go with the tea party or coffee party -- they're up and coming radical organizations. write for the future, not the past.
            Sounds like a good one But I wouldn't wanna hack em off by casting them in a bad light... Not explicitly anyway.
            *tiptoes away from script*
            Last edited by Steven Jenkins; 09-29-2010, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Ah - sorry.

OK - I'm gonna make an executive decision and say they're using IMVU, not facebook (which I think would incriminte too many people these days).

So we have an organisation using IMVU to discretely keep in touch with, control, reward and punish their assassins - (imagine IMVU meets Matrix here - that is Matrix, NOT Inception).

It's just a coincidence that both the few SS agents and the villains are using IMVU. But would 'coincidence' be enough to keep these SS agents suspicion-free with their bosses?

If we're talking modern day facebook with a few hundred million members then I guess there'd be no issue, but with something as esoteric as IMVU?
              Last edited by Steven Jenkins; 09-29-2010, 07:21 AM.

Comment

The Fourth Perimeter, Lasorsa.com...

I can't or should say "won't" go into detail about the US Secret Service, the US Dept of Homeland Security or other federal law enforcement agencies in an "open source" like a screenwriting forum but I would say for a script or plot you can get more details here; www.Lasorsa.com or by reading the novel The Fourth Perimeter. I think the novel was written by President Gerald Ford's son Steven but it may be someone else.
                Joe Lasorsa is a retired US Secret Service agent who worked on White House/POTUS security details. He may be able to address your specific screenplay/plot questions(within reason).

BeefMissile
                I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Comment

Ok - Thanks BM
                  I'm really only after a feasibility response tho. At the end of the day I suppose I can write it whichever way I want, but just wondered what ppl would find believable.

Comment

There is a National Geographic Special called "Inside the Secret Service".

It is available on Netflix instant view or you could watch it here
                    http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title...ecret_service/

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                      If there's any perceived notion of an Agent's political/personal beliefs interfering with their duties, the dude/dudette is off the Presidential detail.

These guys don't **** around. Even getting to be a Secret Service Agent is tough.
                      I know a guy who's an agent, when you look at his job history it's surprising he made it based on how often he's been fired etc. Plus I know for a fact he said he wouldn't take a bullet for obama and he was on his detail during the campaign!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtbottle View Post
                        I know a guy who's an agent, when you look at his job history it's surprising he made it based on how often he's been fired etc. Plus I know for a fact he said he wouldn't take a bullet for obama and he was on his detail during the campaign!
                        Uh-huh.

HH

Comment

Uh-huh.

HH
                          Do I detect sarcasm? If so, why on earth would I take the time to make that up?

Comment

Do I detect sarcasm?
                            Yes.

If so, why on earth would I take the time to make that up?
                            I have theories, but, really, I have no idea.

HH

Comment

Yes.

I have theories, but, really, I have no idea.

HH

Well put your theories to rest oswald. I'm 100% legit. I happen to know lots of folks from the defense and government security apparatus but then again I'm ex-military so it's not that big of a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X