Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Films
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #41
Signal30

Default Re: Season Of The Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily blake View Post
I thought he meant "good example" as in example that proves the point, not example of a good movie. At least I hope that's what he meant.
Yep. Using "good" in the same sentence as T4 was a poor word choice. Shoulda went with "especially egregious"...

My YouTube channel.
Signal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #42
sppeterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_FIN View Post
I heard that the original script for T4 was kinda cool, but when Bale came in, he said that he'll do it only if he gets to play John Connor. Well, that's great, apart from the fact that the story wasn't about John Connor. Who cares, let's rewrite it!

Hollywood, duh.
To be fair to Bale, making Terminator 4 and *not* having it be about John Connor??

Something went wrong at the half-page synopsis phase of development.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #43
Signal30

Well, that happened.

Nicolas Cage has settled down into vacillating between two modes: chewing the scenery like a moaning basset hound, or plodding morosely through his marks. More and more, it seems that he’s not so much an actor, but a famous face in the later stage of being held hostage by the Hollywood suits for some perverse entertainments. But Season of the Witch is mostly Cage in the latter mode, and the movie never overcomes the meta aspect of waiting for the man to reel gloriously into the former. But aside for one eruption of barking his outrage, he never does.

Season of the Witch really isn’t too ambitious, although it toys with wanting to be The Name of the Rose with added adventure. Cage and Perlman exchange action movie dialogue against a background that remains stagnant with fog and mossy grey. With director Dominic Sena at the helm, it's competent enough but never anything more. And admittedly the movie does rouse itself and shake its head for the CGI-happy climax, but at that point it’s about an hour too late. It’s not a good movie, but unfortunately even then it’s not ambitious enough to be entertaining despite itself. And with Cage front and center, that's really inexcusable.

My YouTube channel.
Signal30 is offline   Reply With Quote