Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > About the Craft > Writing TV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2019, 04:04 PM   #41
GucciGhostXXX

Default Re: I did it my wayyyyyyyy

LOL... am I the only one willing to share some pages? I'd like to see some pages from other's as well. How are you guys doing it? (don't have to share the whole bible, I didn't).
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:29 PM   #42
lostfootage
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
LOL... am I the only one willing to share some pages? I'd like to see some pages from other's as well. How are you guys doing it? (don't have to share the whole bible, I didn't).
I'm willing to share a bible that I did in 2012-2014. The project is dead now, but I still think my bible structure was pretty sound. I'd love to bounce it off a smaller group and see if I want to use that kind of bible structure going forward. Not willing to post pages here for the public, but exchange through email or a smaller group, etc.
lostfootage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #43
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostfootage View Post
I'm willing to share a bible that I did in 2012-2014. The project is dead now, but I still think my bible structure was pretty sound. I'd love to bounce it off a smaller group and see if I want to use that kind of bible structure going forward. Not willing to post pages here for the public, but exchange through email or a smaller group, etc.
Cool! Let's figure out how to do this. Is there a way to have a group private thread or do we need to take this offline? I'd love to see other people's show bibles in their entirety. I know we have a lot of talented folks here.

My email: guccighost6969 (AT) gmail.com
Old 08-25-2019, 12:07 PM   #44
Bono

It's in your profile and I can only assume it's like an email I use just for this board and that I pray that's not the one you send to the town when you pitch something... just kidding i 100% hope it's the same email!
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:09 PM   #45
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
It's in your profile and I can only assume it's like an email I use just for this board and that I pray that's not the one you send to the town when you pitch something... just kidding i 100% hope it's the same email!
Nah... My birth name is Gucci Ghost. Ha!
Old 09-02-2019, 03:05 AM   #46
Vango
User

This resource may be helpful for those writing TV:

https://screencraft.org/2019/08/12/2...r-should-read/
Vango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #47
Bono

Awesome link. Vango is killing it.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #48
GucciGhostXXX

Yup... But just remember.

Some of these are OLD...

Your bible should have pictures (rad ones) on nearly EVERY page. And photoshop them to taste. I hella photoshop my bibles so that the image is EXACTLY what I want. And if I can't find an image that works I take the shot myself, then photoshop that (can provide an example if anyone cares).

THE WIRE bible (while awesome) is what, 86-ish pages of dense text. You can't get away with that now. NOT RECOMMENDED!

My current bible is WAY too long at 40 pages. I get it. But, willing to take the risk. The only reason this bible is that long is because it's based on my life. I know how the story ends, so I lay out 5 seasons instead of doing the typical "Season 2 and beyond." Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend doing that. My previous bible was 28 pages and that's kinda pushing it. Aim for around 20 pages, generally. IMO.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:13 PM   #49
GucciGhostXXX

Actually, fukk it. Here...

https://imgur.com/a/sZtXr5d

1) Took the shot myself. Because I couldn't find what I wanted. That's my chick acting as my mom. Added the rain afterwords. Made a sunny day look rainy (do that that sh!t). BTW - I did it guerilla style. Bought some flowers and took a ladder to the cemetary for a high angle shot "okay, quick, lay down, put your arm like this!" CLICK CLICK CLICK. Cool got the shot. Dude pulls up "Excuse me, do you have a permit?" Dude, we already got the shot, chill bruh! HA!

2) The jet was originally blue sky, photoshopped it to be blood red skies. Changed the sky to match what I wanted.

3) The original pic had no money or coke on the ground. Added it.

POINT: Make your sh!t look cool! Make it fit the story EXACTLY!

Last edited by GucciGhostXXX : 09-02-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #50
Bono

I made some cool reality TV pitches with tons of great artwork -- never helped. The show we got on the air (1 episode) was 1/2 page word document. So just saying....

I know directors have to make LOOK BOOKS which makes 100% sense to need visuals. But being writers, I don't think artwork is going to help sell the show. Not going to hurt -- i'm just saying -- you're not putting pictures in the script you're sending them? Right?

I've written TV bibles -- just words. Maybe not as in depth as you have gone for sure.

Some of these old ones still seem pretty solid.

What I'm trying to say is you could make the most amazing bibles, but the words and story are what matter not the cool graphics.

Half the time this town isn't even paying attention.

Every time I hear about writing up these bibles for people, I'm thinking as short as possible. They don't want to read too much. I think most of the time they just want to know other ideas for episodes and character breakdowns.

I'm talking out of my fat ass -- but that's my perspective as of right now.