No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime Direct

Hi,

Does anyone here have a film on Amazon Prime Direct? If so, what has been their experience?

Re: Amazon Prime Direct

I do, but mine, THE TOUCHSTONE, is managed through a distributor so I am not privy to their experience, only my own as creator. They seem to pay promptly and obviously have a huge reach. Like any platform, it's all about how much you put into marketing and promoting your film if you want eyes on it, which translates to income. I stopped giving a damn about that aspect of it a long time ago and my quarterly income has really dwindled, but in my view that's all on me. Also reviews have a pretty big part in it their algorithm, FWIW.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking (and feel free to send me a PM), how many views were you averaging at the film's height? Considering Amazon's large reach, I'm curious what is considered a success. I have been averaging about 5,000 views over the past few months. Of course, at only 4 cents per hour, that doesn't amount to any significant amount of cash.

Comment

Sorry, I honestly don't know that.

Comment

well, congrats to both of you, muckraker and bobloblaw.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
          X