Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page 2020

Just curious if folks think this competition is "worth it"?

Racing to get my screenplay finished for Nicholl in 2 weeks.

The Last Minute Deadline for PAGE is on Monday.

I'm not sure if it will be quite ready on time or not, so I would like opinions if it's worth racing just for this contest.

Re: Page 2020

It's an awesome contest. I wish they would push the deadline back the way a few other contests have.

Comment

Yeah me too, although I notice this is their fourth deadline. So doubtful. Wasn't helpful that I didn't notice the deadline until about a week ago.

Not sure if it's worth paying $75 if I think my script won't be at its best.

Comment

Think I won't make it in time for PAGE.

I sent the screenplay to five people for feedback and everyone replied that first two acts are fantastic. But several said third act needs some work. I'm going to need all the time I can get until Nicholl.

Good luck to any of you that submits to PAGE. I would have, but $75 is probably not worth it if it's not at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by Merrick View Post
          Think I won't make it in time for PAGE.

I sent the screenplay to five people for feedback and everyone replied that first two acts are fantastic. But several said third act needs some work. I'm going to need all the time I can get until Nicholl.

Good luck to any of you that submits to PAGE. I would have, but $75 is probably not worth it if it's not at its best.
          PAGE often extends the deadline one last time (after the last minute DL), so I wouldn't stress out too much. Just check the website again after the last minute DL passes.
          "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

That would be great. Thanks for the info! I even e-mailed them to explain the situation just in case it makes them consider adding a short extension.

Comment

I tried to submit a 30-page action/sci-fi pilot. For pilots they only have two categories: Drama and Comedy. I obviously thought drama would be more appropriate, but the system wouldn't let me submit because they say dramas 'have' to be 50-70 pages long and Comedy 25-45 pages. What's next? Boys wear blue, girls wear pink? Men go to work, women stay home?

And I'm afraid that if I submit it to the Comedy section it will go to the wrong reader or be disqualified. I emailed them on Friday, but never heard back.

By the way, according to this article, the 30-minute tv drama revolution is here:

https://qz.com/quartzy/1449161/the-3...ution-is-here/
              Manfred Lopez Grem
              WGA Writer - Director | Zero Gravity Management

REEL - IMDB

Comment

That would be great. Thanks for the info! I even e-mailed them to explain the situation just in case it makes them consider adding a short extension.

Ask them to extend it to June or July. These contests should extend the deadline considering what's been happening in the world the last few months. People have been preoccupied with other matters and are probably only starting to get back to writing.

Comment

manfred, that is odd.

They wrote me back VERY fast and said as UpandComing mentioned that they would have one more deadline after this. But they didn't give a specific date. Though it sounds like it will be before June/July. Sorry Friday.

I will be ready for their last deadline.

Comment

manfred, that is odd.

They wrote me back VERY fast
                    Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I used their online contact form. In any case I'm tempted to just submit my pilot to meet the deadline and sort it out with them later.
                    Manfred Lopez Grem
                    WGA Writer - Director | Zero Gravity Management

REEL - IMDB

Comment

Yikes - a record-breaking year for number of entries at PAGE as well. 8295 (!) Anyone else enter? Which category? This seems so far like a really well-run competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X