No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had your pick...

Just to start a good conversation:

If you magically had the opportunity to select any lit manager and/or agent to represent you, whom would you pick and why?
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-06-2020, 04:34 PM. Reason: Added tags

Re: If you had your pick . . .

This is thinking about reps in the wrong way, IMO.

Comment

Re: If you had your pick...

What are you basing this decision on? Reputation? Size of the company? How many people they get on the Black List?

It's almost impossible to pick a company without going through the process of having them read your material and meeting with them.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
        What are you basing this decision on? Reputation? Size of the company? How many people they get on the Black List?

It's almost impossible to pick a company without going through the process of having them read your material and meeting with them.
        Definitely reputation. Those who have a great track record of putting clients first, setting expectations and working with them, someone who has time to work with their clients to get their work its maximum level of success.

I've heard just as many "I have the worst rep ever" stories as I have "I have the best rep ever."

We all want a strong relationship with the representative we ultimately end up with, and there are many horror stories out there of writers having to weed through several horrible reps before finding the ideal relationship for them.

Certainly, it's all subjective to each personality, but I'm interested to know who is thought of as a "great rep" and why by those who feel it.

Comment

David Greenblatt.

I've had some positive correspondence with him, seems to like my writing but he's ended up passing on two of my specs. Just having Shane Black's manager read my stuff is a thrill. If I can keep him turning pages, I know I'm doing something right.

Comment

Working...
          X