X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Shadows trailer

I had a good chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjg9O7ifwM
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Dark shadows trailer

Did Burton remake Dark Shadows or Love at First Bite?
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I feel like Tim Burton just took a huge, messy sh*t on an important piece of my childhood.

I hope Dan Curtis rises from the grave and puts his boot in Tim Burton's @ss.
      Last edited by BChristgau; 03-16-2012, 10:48 AM.
      SIX-GUN GORILLA: LONG DAYS OF VENGEANCE.
      http://www.sixgungorilla.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/SixGunGorilla
      sigpic
      "... (an) indie powerhouse of a book.- - AIN'T IT COOL NEWS

Comment

Originally posted by BChristgau View Post
        I feel like Tim Burton just took a huge, messy sh*t on an important piece of my childhood.

I hope Dan Curtis rises from the grave and puts his boot in Tim Burton's @ss.

Oh, please. If you know Tim Burton, you know he's a master at dark camp.

When I was working as a temp messenger at Bear Stearns, there was a mentally retarded guy who obsessed about DS. The guy would blab about buying DVDs of the show so much, I'd leave the room. I felt sorry for the guy because he used to be married, but the woman ****ed his "best friend".

I've seen some clips of the show, and it wasn't that great. Sometimes, hindsight isn't always 20-20.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
          Oh, please. If you know Tim Burton, you know he's a master at dark camp.

When I was working as a temp messenger at Bear Stearns, there was a mentally retarded guy who obsessed about DS. The guy would blab about buying DVDs of the show so much, I'd leave the room. I felt sorry for the guy because he used to be married, but the woman ****ed his "best friend".

I've seen some clips of the show, and it wasn't that great. Sometimes, hindsight isn't always 20-20.
          "Dark camp"? This looks more like THE BRADY BUNCH movie than anything else.

Look, I know DARK SHADOWS was cheesy. That's the *fun* of a show like DARK SHADOWS. The 90's revival got the tone *exactly* right: good and cheesy and self-aware, but not so ham-fisted that it descended into outright mockery... which Burton's movie evidently does.

Now if Burton is the horror fan he claims to be, why didn't he make a horror film? A full-blooded, Hammer-style vampire movie with gore and cleavage is just the sort of thing we could use right now in the age of TWILIGHT.

Cheers,

B
          Last edited by BChristgau; 03-16-2012, 05:38 PM.
          SIX-GUN GORILLA: LONG DAYS OF VENGEANCE.
          http://www.sixgungorilla.com/
          https://www.facebook.com/SixGunGorilla
          sigpic
          "... (an) indie powerhouse of a book.- - AIN'T IT COOL NEWS

Comment

Re: Dark Shadows trailer

I wasn't a fan myself, but you have to admit it was pretty unique...a daytime soap opera with a vampire and werewolves and all sorts of spooky stuff. Pretty much the last gasp of the gothic horror cycle. I could see why some folks are fond of it.

But I think what has a lot of those folks upset is how they sorta got betrayed...they were along with the tease expecting Tim Burton in Sleepy Hollow mode, and suddenly they get a bucket of Pee Wee Herman on Skittles. Didn't have time to adjust, it's just BAM! Surprise!

And they're getting played even more still...their outrage is just the kind of viral activity marketing wants.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
              I felt sorry for the guy because he used to be married, but the woman ****ed his "best friend".
              Um, TOO MUCH information.
              Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Great...I took the quotation marks to just indicate that the best friend wasn't really his best friend. Thanks for the clarification. D=

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Reality was throwing some great content in your face and then rubbing your nose in it.

It this wasn't eerily similar to Dinner With Schmucks I'd say it belongs in a movie.

Dark Shadows trailer
                  Not sure what to make of this one. I'm split on it. Good for date night I suppose.

Did Burton remake Dark Shadows or Love at First Bite?
                  Up next, Zorro, The Gay Blade.
                  Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Trailer seems to be missing slide whistle sound effects and clowns.
                    -chris

Comment

Very disappointed in this trailer. Also, not nearly enough Chloe Grace Moretz and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
                        Um, TOO MUCH information.

How's that? I didn't post details.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
                          Reality was throwing some great content in your face and then rubbing your nose in it.

It this wasn't eerily similar to Dinner With Schmucks I'd say it belongs in a movie.
                          Really? I wrote a spec that's partially about my experiences as a messenger with that bit of info.

Comment

Working...
                          X