• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anthony Vasto

Thanks! Now I'm obsessing
    sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

I wouldn't expect to hear back. He's a quick reader. I sent him something a couple of months ago and he passed quickly. I never heard back about the script I sent him two months before that.
      It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwood View Post
        He's pretty quick responding to emails, but it's been about a month for me on the scripts he requested. Seems like two months is his M.O. which is pretty decent for reps.
        Yeah he wasn't for my sci-fi action genres or even really drama. Mostly he's into comedies. If we could get the manager/agent lists appended with a new field for lead genres, that would help authors to get their material solicited to managers with those interests. It's only a thought, but would in the end save a lot of people across the board a lot of time. Something to ponder I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by mpschunks View Post
          Yeah he wasn't for my sci-fi action genres or even really drama. Mostly he's into comedies. If we could get the manager/agent lists appended with a new field for lead genres, that would help authors to get their material solicited to managers with those interests. It's only a thought, but would in the end save a lot of people across the board a lot of time. Something to ponder I suppose.
          I agree. It's also safe to assume that alot of the independent and "young" managers are ALL looking for comedies or anything else that's easy to market. Comedies may be hard to pull off from a writer's standpoint, but studios seem to be more willing try one than other genre
          "U don' know me, muddafugga..."
          - Al Pacino, Carlito's Way

Comment

FWIW-

I only wish to add I emailed a query/logline and he replied quickly,
            passing because he's not the sort for my spec type. And he wished me
            good luck. I emailed him thanking for replying anyway. He seemed
            very sincere and I appreciated it.
            " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mpschunks View Post
              Yeah he wasn't for my sci-fi action genres or even really drama. Mostly he's into comedies
              Really? He just turned me down for a comedy read because he says he's not the right man for this type of project, so I am thinking he may be more into thrillers/horror genre these days?
              "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Actually, I gave him a Action/Thriller screenplay that he read and passed on. I was also thinking that he was seeking comedies also, so I'm a bit confused on what genre's he's really looking for. It's so hard to predict what the industry wants at any given day.

Comment

He produced Mr. & Mrs. Smith so he may be into other genres but when I talked with him he specificly said comedy and buddy comedy. He went onto say that's what's hot right now and easy to get around. If he passed on your comedy it probably wasn't his style or he just didn't like it.

Comment

Are you sure he produced that?
                    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                      Are you sure he produced that?
                      Not according to IMDB....

Comment

He worked on it. He did not produce it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moviequill View Post
                          Really? He just turned me down for a comedy read because he says he's not the right man for this type of project, so I am thinking he may be more into thrillers/horror genre these days?

Maybe he plays musical scripts and reads one genre one day, another genre another day??? Well he was looking for comedies and I do not author those. He was very specific on that return email to me.

Comment

I've been searching through a few of my e-mails and he mentioned that he liked action/adventure and comedies but then again who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by bram20 View Post
                              I've been searching through a few of my e-mails and he mentioned that he liked action/adventure and comedies but then again who knows.

Like many independent "managers", I think he just likes anything that he thinks will sell. Has more to do with the script/logline itself than the genre.

Unless the logline includes "difficult to sell" elements like -- big budget/elaborate set pieces, too much "ethnicity" (hollywood code-words it with the word "urban". Who says Hollywood is liberal??) or if it's a drama.
                              "U don' know me, muddafugga..."
                              - Al Pacino, Carlito's Way

Comment

Well not actually. He specifically wanted comedies, but again maybe he plays favorite genres depending on what day it is. He did get back fast though, and that is something I greatly consider respectable, even if it is a no-go!

Comment

Working...
                                X