• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Ladies and gentlemen... the trailer.
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thehobbit/
    INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
    Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Will be there the first night.

Comment

Less than a year!! Yay

Comment

I'll be there. Can't wait to see Gandalf and the Shire again. I will say though that the actor playing Bilbo isn't as charming as Elijah's Frodo and the dwarves were just a few too many.

Comment

Was extremely bored by the book. This trailer bored me even more so. And yet I loved The Lord of the Rings.

Comment

Ending the trailer with a glimpse of Gollum is genius.

Genius, I say!

Comment

For a near-three minute trailer, there wasn't one bit that piqued my interest enough to cough up ten bucks. Not a hint of Smaug, even. Or is that being saved for the second half?
              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

For a near-three minute trailer, there wasn't one bit that piqued my interest enough to cough up ten bucks.
                It was a different approach for a trailer but the audience for this film is already familiar with The Hobbit.

They don't need to convince people to see it, just let them know when they can see it. The audience is already waiting with $10 in hand.

The same goes for the new and rather bland Dark Knight trailer.
                Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

The LOTR trilogy is the best example of how to make films that don't suck.

This should be no different.

Comment

Is that Martin Freeman from The Office?
                    "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                    - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

I loved the Lord of the Rings, but this looked dry.
                      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

looks like a pretty blatant money grab to me.

two movies for 270 page book?

They made 3 movies from 1200 pages lotr. Granted there were a few omissions -- tom bom - I would have liked to have seen in there, but after watching the extended versions which didnt add much of anything, think it really shows they did a fine job adapting the material.

i'd be completely stoked for a 3 hour hobbit from jackson, but not so much two films.
                        Last edited by Great White Mark; 12-22-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Mark View Post
                          looks like a pretty blatant money grab to me.

two movies for 270 page book?

They made 3 movies from 1200 pages lotr. Granted there were a few omissions -- tom bom - I would have liked to have seen in their, but after watching the extended versions which didnt add much of anything, think it really shows they did a fine job adapting the material.

i'd be completely stoked for a 3 hour hobbit from jackson, but not so much two films.
                          the first movie is based on the Hobbit, the second is part Hobbit, and part Silmarilion and other Tolkien stuff to bridge the gap between the Hobbit movie and the LOTR films.

Comment

I've been happily surprised by movies with initially bad trailers but turned out great like Iron Man and Thor. This trailer is in no way close to being bad, just underwhelming but the expectations and hype is so high how couldn't it? I will be there opening day come rain or shine.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq View Post
                              the first movie is based on the Hobbit, the second is part Hobbit, and part Silmarilion and other Tolkien stuff to bridge the gap between the Hobbit movie and the LOTR films.
                              -------------------------------------------

Ah, that's good to hear and def raises my interest.

Still. I'd prefer one true hobbit as merging numerous sources leaves the door open to a greater chance of mediocrity.

do you know if this was jackson notion all along or if someone a new line said, hey, why dont we shoot two movies at once for the price of 1.3567 since we know we got'em in the bag for both? (ala the egregious back to the future 3 biz model).

think the former would bode much better as far as entertainment value. tho I couldnt blame the later from a biz standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X