This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Script Coverage

I took second in the Ultimate Logline contest in March and I am going to the Scriptfest this year. I recommend that competition when it opens again. That is a short intro on me. Here is my site it is new, so there will be kinks and changes made. I want to look even better my friend who is a computer genius may help . Here is the link, http://americanscriptfix.weebly.com/#/ What is unique about the service is that it is unlimited coverage for one down payment of 9.99$ a month. That is cheaper than most services. However, I am giving a free trial for thirty days. I may even extend it, because this is a new concept. I also know that money is hard to come by as screenwriter.You can go there and post if you want. I want the site to be about improving and getting scripts perfect. Just send the script in PDF or FDX, and I will send you between eight to ten pages of notes. It will include a logline, a short synopsis, character development, dialogue, structure, uniqueness. I will create a report card for you to see all your strengths and weaknesses. I want you to enjoy it first before you pay money. I am really excited about this idea, you can submit your script as much as you feel you need coverage. I will be there working for you, and guide you on this journey. I will take no ownership. I hope you enjoy and I am going to love reading your scripts. If you help out and subscribe it will make the site even better. I also have several ideas in the works. I will have a logline contest, a synoposis contest, and lastly a screenplay contest. I am looking forward to working for you! I hope you enjoy my script coverage this maybe the new future a monthly script coverage service. Thank You for your time, and I am excited to read your scripts any length is okay. I will even read novels if you write that and give a similar report.
    Sincerely,

Kristopher Micah Newcome

Thanks
    Last edited by screenwriter1; 04-30-2015, 12:55 PM.

Re: New Script Coverage

Do you evaluate or correct things like grammar, proper word usage, and the construction of cohesive sentences?

Also, what is your first language? Where are you from?

Comment

I will do everything you feel you need. I want to improve your scripts. I am from America and just send me email, I will begin your coverage tonight. I am excited to read your work.

Thank You
      Last edited by screenwriter1; 04-30-2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

This is a joke, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
          This is a joke, right?
          I actually wonder if it's a phishing scam.

Comment

First I will create a free logline to use. Then I will give you a half page synopsis. I will give you a page on the structure and dialogue. I will give you a quick pitch about your film. I will give you two pages on were to improve and build on your amazing script. I will give you a page on what I feel makes it unique. I will give you some feedback on your characters. If there are typos, I will point them out. I will give you a three page Market Strategy with a Report card similar to script shark. I want to create a unique service that gives the writers something to build on without having to spend 250$ like I did. I got great feedback but at the end of the day I spent 400$. I am not asking for money right away either. I am doing this completely free, the 9.99 is a optional price. However, everyone has to start somewhere. I would love to read your scripts. If so send them to e-mail, and if you enjoy the feedback keep coming back. I want to get even more experience, and I am passionate about screenwriting. Thanks, I hope you enjoy my service. I do you hope you check the link I deleted the e-mail. I realized that was risky. I hope you send a script so I can review it. Just post it on the site then after I give you the report I will delete it off. I apologize if that caused you to worry, I just want to get my feet wet. I am willing to read your script for free, and give you feedback to improve it. Thanks for your time, I am sorry if you were alarmed.
            Last edited by screenwriter1; 04-30-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I said I am doing it free this is not a scam. I am looking to get more experience. I will use a similar template to script shark. I ended up spending four hundred dollars their. I am trying to build a unique brand. I want to see what people think and I am trying to create something that has never been tried. I want to help others writers and save them money. Look just try it and you will get notes in three days. I want to see if the model works, if you guys and gals like it then I will build it professionally. In the future if you like it will be 9.99$ a month for unlimited coverage. However, right now it is free so test it out first. This is pro bono at the moment this is in the development stage. I will try to bring people on board. You retain all ownership if it worries you I will send you one of my scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by screenwriter1 View Post
                First I will create a free logline to use. Then I will give you a half page synopsis. I will give you a page on the structure and dialogue. I will give you a quick pitch about your film. I will give you two pages on were to improve and build on your amazing script. I will give you a page on what I feel makes it unique. I will give you some feedback on your characters. If there are typos, I will point them out. I will give you a three page Market Strategy with a Report card similar to script shark. I want to create a unique service that gives the writers something to build on without having to spend 250$ like I did. I got great feedback but at the end of the day I spent 400$. I am not asking for money right away either. I am doing this completely free, the 9.99 is a optional price. However, everyone has to start somewhere. I would love to read your scripts. If so send them to e-mail, and if you enjoy the feedback keep coming back. I want to get even more experience, and I am passionate about screenwriting. Thanks, I hope you enjoy my service.
                What are your qualifications to do this? Being "passionate about screenwriting" does not mean you have the experience/knowledge/wisdom to advise others. It's one thing to want to gain experience and so offer to read/critique scripts, while it's quite another to charge money to do so.

That being said, oh please, someone take him up on his offer and post the results here at Done Deal.

Comment

Wow, this is crazy.

Comment

Look I am offering it for free. The site is pro bono, I am just offering the service. I have a template that will be helpful if you want some feedback. I am no longer charging money. Open the site it says it is free. I will give anyone who uses free notes roughly eight pages. If you don't want to fine, but I realized money was pointless at the moment. I am offering a pro bono service and I am not charging anyone at the moment. I am trying to build a resume everyone starts from somewhere. I don't claim ownership, I recently took second in my first logline contest. I just want to offer advice, I am going to Scriptfest at the end of may. Thanks for your time, I hope you enjoy this free service. I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

It is a free service I am not charging money. I will give you one page of notes. Here is a sample of what it will look like

Logline: A female writer struggling from writer’s block develops a
                      romantic bond with a man she think is perfect, unaware that he is
                      the alien from her story.

Short Synopsis: Veronica Powers is a female in her mid-twenties
                      frustrated with writer’s block she discovers that her fantasy
                      world is taking over. When her character named Rion Axel comes to
                      life she discovers through another imaginary character that she
                      will have to fall in love with him or to die. She only has three
                      weeks to complete her novel which adds to the tension. The only
                      question left will she fall in love, or be stuck in a permanent
                      comatose.

Comments: I feel what makes this story unique is the fact it deals
                      with a character struggling with her fantasy world. She has
                      several obstacles to overcome, including a major decision at the
                      end. I did notice there are several formatting errors. I noticed
                      that your sluglines were off they need to look like this EXT.
                      House- Night. Your are EXT.HOUSE.Night, that is a quick and easy
                      fix to make. I recommend just reading Screen Writing For Dummies.
                      The grammar had a couple flaws you need You’re instead of Your
                      that happened five times starting on page 5,7,35,75,84. The
                      visuals were bland. My recommendation is that you need to add some
                      life to improve the thematic elements. I feel the script at times
                      is hard to imagine. I can’t completely picture this on screen,
                      however the premise is really strong and could attach an A-list
                      female actor.

Premise: What makes the premise unique is the fact you focus on
                      her love with herself, being that Rion is apart of her. She could
                      be trapped be in her imaginary world. I also love the novel
                      aspects.

Set Up: I feel the set up needs to be revised instead of a generic
                      love scene on page 3. I think you should try to add something more
                      explosive to create tension. I feel it takes a little bit before
                      it gets interesting. I recommend using her Sci-fi knowledge and
                      build on that for her world. The parts our there if you use them
                      right.

Development: I felt the character development was right on par
                      with the average Romantic Comedy. I feel there could be
                      improvements maybe delve deeper into Rion’s character. I only know
                      right now that he came to life give me something deeper. I feel if
                      you read more Romantic Comedy’s scripts like when Harry Met Sally.
                      This aspect can be improved overnight.

Conclusion: When I look at Universal Love, I feel it is a solid
                      story. I can really picture an A-list female lead. I feel with
                      some rework it can take the next step. I feel while this decent
                      there is still several improvements to make. I feel it is unique
                      and it is close to being something special.

This is a free service.

Pass.
                      Last edited by screenwriter1; 04-30-2015, 10:59 PM.

Comment

After reading and analyzing a script and you present it with a RECOMMEND or CONSIDER, do you have established Hollywood industry contacts that would offer to read the script?

Also, in the same context above, how valuable is your coverage report to Hollywood industry types at this time during your initial program branding effort?

Comment

This is a free service. The last part was a sample for an intern company. I won't put a pass or recommend. I will just tell you where you can improve your script. I will include the strength and weaknesses in the coverage service. I want you to able to succeed. I hope you use my service just send a private message to me if you are interested and I will send you my e-mail information. I will give you between two to four pages of notes. I will even do another batch, and give you notes until you feel ready. I will help you before you pay money to other companies. I have used script shark twice. I use a similar template. I know how expensive the feedback can be, while it is helpful. I wish that I knew about free services like this one. So, send away once your feedback is sent. I will automatically delete the script. The best part you can get your feedback from between one to three days. It really depends on how many people send scripts. So, I hope you enjoy my free notes and make it as a screenwriter or novelist.

Comment

Hi there.

I'm posting this because you seem like a genuinely good guy whose heart is in the right place.

The hard truth is, your writing abilities are nowhere near the level they would need to be at for you to give other writers advice or criticism, even for free.

What you need to do is find some beginning writers, like yourself, and exchange reads and opinions with each other.

I believe your script is on the Scriptshadow website this weekend, yes?

That's not a terrible place to start looking (among the commenters, I mean. Whatever you do, don't send that guy any money).

Best of luck.

Comment

As always, we ask folks to really hold off on posting in this particular forum. A few posts got attached to this original post before it was moved in here. A few more got approved after that. But at this point, please either try it out or don't. Most people are more than smart enough to make the decision for themselves based on what is being offered and by whom.

And screenwriter1, one post about your offer is more than enough on the forums. Also, take in some of the advice and suggestions users are making. Giving solid notes is a real skill that writers are very sensitive and attuned to receiving even if they are for free. You've only been a member here for a little over 6 weeks. You might do better with folks by spending some real time in the SCRIPT PAGES forum and offering your thoughts there on people's pages first so the community can get a better sense of your skill level.
                              Will
                              Done Deal Pro
                              www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
                              X