No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Producer backing movie

Hi, everyone.

I wrote a script that a producer is going to give me backing on. I will also direct, and have got a cast and crew in place. He told me the money is there and not to worry about that but asked me what I want in payment/terms, percentage of sale etc. I was not expecting this and thought he would tell me what he wanted as executive producer. This is my first time dealing with a producer at this level and don't know what is normal and what I should be asking for. He does have a lot of contacts and I'm sure it will get sold and distributed.

Should I be asking for a percentage of sale and residuals of after sales profits? He stated that he will go for a small theatrical release/vod etc. And what kind of percentages should I be asking for?

Any input would be helpful from other writers who have been in this position.

Thanks so much,
    Liverbird

Re: Producer backing movie

Originally posted by liverbird View Post
    Hi, everyone.

I wrote a script that a producer is going to give me backing on. I will also direct, and have got a cast and crew in place. He told me the money is there and not to worry about that but asked me what I want in payment/terms, percentage of sale etc. I was not expecting this and thought he would tell me what he wanted as executive producer. This is my first time dealing with a producer at this level and don't know what is normal and what I should be asking for. He does have a lot of contacts and I'm sure it will get sold and distributed.

Should I be asking for a percentage of sale and residuals of after sales profits? He stated that he will go for a small theatrical release/vod etc. And what kind of percentages should I be asking for?

Any input would be helpful from other writers who have been in this position.

Thanks so much,
    Liverbird

Get an attorney. No one here can properly answer your question without looking at the contract/knowing all the numbers, variables, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X