Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenwriting Courses Online

Has anyone taken any screenwriting courses online you'd recommend? Not necessarily looking for a free one (unless it's recommended) but UCLA's online course is too much for my budget. Thanks!
    My first crack at a logline usually makes a great synopsis!

Re: Screenwriting Courses Online

Max Adams (Nicholl Fellow, AFF winner) offers several classes through her Academy of Film Writing:

http://www.theafw.com/

I've taken Structure and Visual Writing and would happily recommend them.

Comment

Thanks Joe - I'll look into it!

Comment

Good call. Max is a good egg.

Comment

Yeah, Max is an excellent teacher.

Comment

Is her academy accredited? I'm looking for a creative way to defer my student loans and am considering enrolling in an online screenwriting course primarily to do this.

Any thoughts or ideas? I looked into a few but some of the course fees are astronomical. Then again so are the interest rates on my loans.
            "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

This is in the course descriptions:

ACCREDITATION: This is an accredited University of Utah class. If you are a University of Utah student, contact Paula in Film & Media Arts.

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
              Is her academy accredited? I'm looking for a creative way to defer my student loans and am considering enrolling in an online screenwriting course primarily to do this.

Any thoughts or ideas? I looked into a few but some of the course fees are astronomical. Then again so are the interest rates on my loans.

Comment

Thanks for the mention. AFW courses are accredited if you are a University of Utah student. I'm an associate instructor with the U so courses count in the curriculum there. If you are not matriculated with the U, they are independent study.

Hope that helps.
                GirlinGray

Comment

Working...
                X