Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a lawyer

Uk based writer with a just under six figure feature deal to sign.

Need somebody to handle the contract. US or UK based.

Not going to be easy I know, but if you could kindly recommend somebody reliable I would appreciate it.

PM if you prefer.
    Genius sees everything.
    Genius sees.

Posey Mund.

Re: I need a lawyer

Kim Stenton at Myman Greenspan. Expensive, but worth it. Solid firm. She may refer you to somebody else if she feels she'll be too expensive for you.

Comment

Originally posted by abiqua View Post
      Kim Stenton at Myman Greenspan. Expensive, but worth it. Solid firm. She may refer you to somebody else if she feels she'll be too expensive for you.

Thank you.
      Genius sees everything.
      Genius sees.

Posey Mund.

Comment

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lis...-austen-885078

I assume you're hoping to find somebody to stick with for the long-term. So call around first and find someone you'll get along with for years to come. I'm sure they'll all be happy to talk to you when you explain you already have money on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by juunit View Post
          http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lis...-austen-885078

I assume you're hoping to find somebody to stick with for the long-term. So call around first and find someone you'll get along with for years to come. I'm sure they'll all be happy to talk to you when you explain you already have money on the table.
          Thanks dude.
          But the perception I get from people on here is that a lot of lawyers aren't interested in small fry deals like mine.
          This is why I asked for a recommend, I was hoping there might be people in the same position who had been noped a few times and found a suitable one.
          Genius sees everything.
          Genius sees.

Posey Mund.

Comment

Originally posted by Posey Mund View Post
            Thanks dude.
            But the perception I get from people on here is that a lot of lawyers aren't interested in small fry deals like mine.
            This is why I asked for a recommend, I was hoping there might be people in the same position who had been noped a few times and found a suitable one.
            If you're just shy of six figures (assuming 90s?), a lawyer will definitely negotiate for 5%. Ask the producer or your rep (if you have one) for a referral.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
              If you're just shy of six figures (assuming 90s?), a lawyer will definitely negotiate for 5%. Ask the producer or your rep (if you have one) for a referral.

Yeah, the producer is Chinese and I am Un repped so just looking for friendly Lawyer.
              Genius sees everything.
              Genius sees.

Posey Mund.

Comment

Congratulations thus far, please keep us apprised.

I have to admit though, as a big fan of Asian cinema, did you have to get your script translated before you sent it out?
                Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
                  Congratulations thus far, please keep us apprised.

I have to admit though, as a big fan of Asian cinema, did you have to get your script translated before you sent it out?

Thank you kindly.

Not an Asian film alas, but I am hoping this is going to be the start of a long and fruitful relationship and would love to work with the producer writing Asian films.
                  Genius sees everything.
                  Genius sees.

Posey Mund.

Comment

Working...
                  X