Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read Agency

Has anyone ever heard of Hillary Stern from the Read Agency here in LA? Or even the Read Agency?

Thanks.
    My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just to enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate.

-Thornton Wilder

Re: Read Agency

Hilary is a young and well respected agent... Definitely a good person to have on your side. And Read reps some good writers (John O'brien who wrote Starsky & Hutch and Dukes of Hazzard). They're a great boutique agency.

Comment

Thanks, Toakel.

She said my spec showed potential but she was as blown away as she hoped. Which is fine but I'd never met her so I had no idea what to expect.
      My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just to enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate.

-Thornton Wilder

Comment

Wait a moment... She thought the script showed potential and she was blown away...? That's like saying I find my wife fairly attractive and a real knockout.

What gives?

Comment

it's a typo... i'm sure it meant to say, "wasn't as blown away."

and no problem... that's great that you got the read... excuse the pun... it's rare that we get the overly enthusiastic response to our work that we all want... so just make sure to get her your next one...

Comment

Doh!

I'm SO not allowed to type before coffe. YES! It was a typo (trust me, I don't send scripts out before the first cup of java).

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I was feeling very punk-ish after her email. I may ask if she'd be willing to read my feature.

I actually do more features than television but wanted to have a couple of specs that I felt good about. Other people have responded well to them but they unfortunately have no power to make anything happen.

-Thornton Wilder

Comment

Working...
            X