Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damon Lane, Zero Gravity

I'm having no success tracking down Damon Lane. It seems that he has left Zero Gravity. Does anyone have any info on him? I read something that he might be with another company.

Thanks!

Re: Damon Lane, Zero Gravity

According to LinkedIn he moved to Next Wednesday Films last October.
    Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

-Steve Trautmann
    3rd & Fairfax: The WGAW Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by Guinness View Post
      I'm having no success tracking down Damon Lane. It seems that he has left Zero Gravity. Does anyone have any info on him? I read something that he might be with another company.

Thanks!
      I know Damon...he left ZG a few years back. He strictly produces now. Next Wednesday Films is his wife's company, which he's involved in, but he also does his own stuff.

Comment

Thanks! I checked out Next Wednesday Films. Good to know that he is still doing what he loves.
        Do you know anything about his other endeavor, 'ROADMAP Writers'? Damon has always responded to my queries and I would love to pitch him directly....but not for that steep fee. Thanks for any info in advance!

Comment

Thanks! I checked out Next Wednesday Films. Good to know that he is still doing what he loves.
          Do you know anything about his other endeavor, 'ROADMAP Writers'? Damon has always responded to my queries and I would love to pitch him directly....but not for that steep fee. Thanks for any info in advance!
          No idea what that is...is it a pay for pitches kind of thing?

Comment

I think it is. Check it out.
            https://roadmap-writers.myshopify.co...ednesday-films
            FROM THE WEBSITE - for a mere $750..."Writer will have unlimited email access with executive plus 4x one hour consultations with the exec.
            Exec will read up to 4 scripts in one month (different drafts of the same script or 4 different scripts) and conduct 4x one hour story notes calls. Calls will also include pitch preps, brand preps and career strategy".

Comment

His updated email is available on imdbpro. I queried him a few days ago and got the polite "I'm not looking for anything new at this time".

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                No idea what that is...is it a pay for pitches kind of thing?
                It is. It's a direct competitor to Stage 32.

Comment

FROM THE WEBSITE - for a mere $750..."Writer will have unlimited email access with executive plus 4x one hour consultations with the exec.
                  I don't know this guy, so I'm not speaking about him specifically -- but honest to god, who the hell ARE these blood-sucking people in this business trying to take some unknowing writer for 750 dollars?

I have driven CARS that didn't cost me 750 dollars, and they were more reliable, I bet, than this crap. For god sake!!!!!

end rant.

Comment

Parasites leeching off writers' desperation. Same as hobunk contests that spring up all the time with promises that winners will be read by their list of producers, etc. Really? These bloodsuckers will continue to thrive as long as writers support them. Not all are scams, but google winners and often enough in these smaller contests there is nothing at all to be found on the internet on who these writers are or anything about their scripts.

I've learned long ago to enter only contests that are well-known, have been around for awhile and most importantly - something actually comes of winning these contests. That means there are only a handful I enter. Goes without saying Nicholls, PAGE, a few more on this level.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                      I know Damon...he left ZG a few years back. He strictly produces now. Next Wednesday Films is his wife's company, which he's involved in, but he also does his own stuff.
                      Sorry to exhume this old thread. Is John Landis involved with Next Wednesday Films?

His schtick is to include a poster or marquee or something with the fake movie title, "See You Next Wednesday" in all his films.

Just wondering if there was a connection.

Comment

Working...
                      X