This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TitanCreed's Coverage Service!

Received astute notes today from Titan. He opens with a detailed synopsis that left no doubt my entire script had been read, validated concerns and just as importantly followed up with suggestions on improving these areas.

There's MUCH more to Titan's notes than I'm mentioning here, but I wanted to give him a public solid thumbs up and have no hesitation in recommending him and/or sending more scripts his way. His service provides valuable input and is affordable.

Thank you, Titan!
    Last edited by Nostalgialover; 10-29-2016, 03:05 PM. Reason: cap a word

Comment

Hello everyone!

I try not to bump my own thread, so I am sorry about this.

A DDP member (actually a previous client) got in touch with me asking for notes. But every email I send gets bounced back by their server. So, Cardina, if you are out there, could you message me through DDP? I do not have your account name, unfortunately.

Thank you all for being so patient as my turnaround time has expanded. I have had to focus on my non-discounted clients more and more due to financial issues. However, you have all been wonderful in being so patient.

Working with the DDP community has provided me with some of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

One other bit of business: Unfortunately, for the first time ever, a client has refused to pay. Shockingly, this was not from some random nut job answering a Craigslist ad, but a DDP user. And it was a returning client at that. They also felt the need to string me along for three months before sending me a profanity-laced email (and, worse, calling me "bro"). I won't punish the DDP community and change my billing. Though if this happens again I may have to reconsider.

I don't want anyone to feel as though they are taking a risk with my notes. You can make the choice to pay afterwards. Fortunately, everyone except this person has, even those very upset with what they have received. Which, again fortunately, is a rare occurrence.

EDIT: Oh, and thank you all for the positive feedback! I would thank you all each time you post, but I try not to keep bumping the thread.
      Last edited by TitanCreed; 12-16-2016, 10:03 AM.

I am a critic first and a writer second.

I have a background in development and currently provide low-cost coverage.

More info here: www.FourStarNotes.com

Comment

I've received 3 separate sets of notes for 3 different scripts and have a 4th in the queue as well as a rewrite that I'm really excited about using suggestions from Titan's notes. He encourages communication and gladly answers questions promptly. I trust Titan and have full confidence he'll provide viable suggestions as well as constructive criticism. He doesn't sugar-coat and that's not something I ever want. I would gladly pay upfront for his notes, but Titan prefers the honor system.

Through the years I've paid a lot more for notes from other coverage services and can say many didn't serve my scripts nearly as well as Titan's notes. Just because one pays more for notes doesn't mean they are "better" or will work. I may have to wait longer to receive Titan's notes, but as I've told him, this only reinforces that he's a popular and respected go-to coverage reader who thoroughly reads material and takes the time to provide a detailed analysis. That's a lot of hard work. I would never disrespect him or stiff him whether I agreed with his notes or not.

Thanks again, Titan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgialover View Post

Through the years I've paid a lot more for notes from other coverage services and can say many didn't serve my scripts nearly as well as Titan's notes.

...this only reinforces that he's a popular and respected go-to coverage reader who thoroughly reads material and takes the time to provide a detailed analysis. That's a lot of hard work. I would never disrespect him or stiff him whether I agreed with his notes or not.
          All of this. Seriously. Whoever didn't pay him and told him off to boot -- that's just a dick move. I've never seen such thorough notes. Even if there's stuff you don't agree with, you can still see his point of view. He ought to be charging 100 bucks a pop, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
            He ought to be charging 100 bucks a pop, at least.
            Yes, but...

ssssshhhhhhh...

not until after deadline for 2017 Austin.

Comment

Just want to put in one last good word for Titan. He's the real deal and has helped me SO MUCH with insightful and detailed notes. My scripts are levels above what they were prior to Titan reading them. And I must add he's affordable. I'm so very happy I reached out to Titan.

Thanks again, Titan. You'll be amongst the first I notify when I option and/or sell

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgialover View Post
                Just want to put in one last good word for Titan. He's the real deal and has helped me SO MUCH with insightful and detailed notes. My scripts are levels above what they were prior to Titan reading them. And I must add he's affordable. I'm so very happy I reached out to Titan.

Thanks again, Titan. You'll be amongst the first I notify when I option and/or sell
                Thank you for the kind words of support. And thank you to everyone who has helped me over the years by allowing me to read your material.

I am not connected to many communities outside of DDP. Any referrals would help me immeasurably.

I’m not sure how long the DDP forums will be hosted in a “locked” state, but I’m going to put this up here in the event that readers come across this thread via a static archive.

There are a few things I just want everyone to know:

1. I HAVE A WEBSITE: www.FourStarNotes.com
                2. The DDP Discount will live on! And it is now available to everyone! More information is on my website.
                3. I DO have a more expensive tier of notes with a shorter turnaround.

For those curious, here are all of my price tiers:

BASIC NOTES, QUEUED ($30)
                BASIC NOTES, FIVE DAY TURNAROUND ($100)
                BASIC NOTES, THREE DAY TURNAROUND ($150)
                BASIC NOTES, ONE DAY TURNAROUND ($200)

LINE-BY-LINE NOTES, QUEUED ($100)
                LINE-BY-LINE NOTES, FIVE DAY TURNAROUND ($300)

(I don't offer shorter turnarounds for the Line-by-Line notes because they are so time consuming... And because I couldn't live with myself charging more than they already cost.)

Also, the following link is to a regularly updated Google Document. Even in a forum archive, you can follow this link and see if I am still providing notes. So long as this and my website are still up, I am still providing notes!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Thank you to Will, the DDP community, and all of those who have requested my services. Hopefully we will all be back here soon once a long-term solution is found.

- JRM
                Last edited by TitanCreed; 04-26-2017, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Titan Creed has been referenced multiple times on numerous threads through the years, and his exemplary work has oft been noted, but nonetheless I will reiterate what others have said... simply put, he offers a thoughtful read and fantastic notes at any price.

And he's a super good guy.

Comment

EDIT: And I'm back! My turnaround times are back to normal! It's the same as below. You can find out more by checking my website (www.FourStarNotes.com) or emailing me via [email protected].

Once again, here are all of my price tiers:

BASIC NOTES, QUEUED ($30)
                    BASIC NOTES, FIVE DAY TURNAROUND ($100)
                    BASIC NOTES, THREE DAY TURNAROUND ($150)
                    BASIC NOTES, ONE DAY TURNAROUND ($200)

LINE-BY-LINE NOTES, QUEUED ($100)
                    LINE-BY-LINE NOTES, FIVE DAY TURNAROUND ($300)
                    Last edited by TitanCreed; 06-25-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I wanted to give some feedback on the excellent notes I received from TitanCreed.

I've gotten notes from a few paid services as well as Blacklist (too many times). A few of my online friends are readers for prodcos so I get notes from them. I also live in L.A. so most of my readers work here in the industry.

TitanCreed is probably the best reader I've had so far. His notes echo what other industry people say and you get a lot of pages for your money. His criticism was on point but he also gave enough encouragement to keep me going.

If I had to pick only one person to get notes from it would be him. I did a rush package but he's even cheaper if you're able to plan ahead (I'm not.)

Comment

I agree.

Although I have not used him, I work with writers here on DDP, and some of them have used him, and I have seen the feedback that he gives. He is excellent, and I recommend him without hesitation.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Another thumbs up for TitanCreed.

He knows his stuff. What makes his analysis and feedback strong is that you don't get a sense for what his own personal biases, tastes, etc are, which makes it easier to take his feedback at face value (and whether you agree/disagree with the feedback, it's based on the feedback alone and not what you think of the reader).

The other bonus is that he's really good with summarizing your story. He claims it helps to show you that he's read the script thoroughly, but to me the biggest benefit is this:

Having a skilled reader like TitanCreed summarize and re-tell the story back to you helps you get a sense for whether what you intended as a writer is what the reader has picked up on. If the movie you see in your head isn't translating onto the page so that the reader is seeing the same movie, then that will be reflected in the written summary.

Comment

TitanCreed ... Just checking for the benefit of others. Are you still in business? I have not seen any posts here recently.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post
                              TitanCreed ... Just checking for the benefit of others. Are you still in business? I have not seen any posts here recently.
                              ComicBent,

Thanks for asking. I am still providing notes.

Due to a company taking me on as a freelancer, I am horribly behind on the Queued Notes, so I've been avoiding posting here until I can wrap up the next four orders on that list.

My normal business-day orders are as they have been.

Comment

Great!

Comment

Working...
                                X