Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Stobby (Lee Stobby Entertainment)

Has anyone here been represented by/worked with him before (or anyone else at LSE)? If so, what's he like?
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Re: Lee Stobby (Lee Stobby Entertainment)

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
    Has anyone here been represented by/worked with him before (or anyone else at LSE)? If so, what's he like?
    I can tell you he's never replied to a query, but that wouldn't make him any different from many reps these days. Also, he tweeted that he would read scripts from Nicholl's quarter finalists. So if you're not one of them, or don't enter competitions, you're $?&! out of luck.

Hope that helps. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MargoChanning View Post
      I can tell you he's never replied to a query, but that wouldn't make him any different from many reps these days. Also, he tweeted that he would read scripts from Nicholl's quarter finalists. So if you're not one of them, or don't enter competitions, you're $?&! out of luck.

Hope that helps. ;-)
      Thanks, Margo. Though, I should say, I posted this because of a read request from him for a script that I didn't enter in Nicholl.

That said, I appreciate any insights on here : )

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
        Thanks, Margo. Though, I should say, I posted this because of a read request from him for a script that I didn't enter in Nicholl.

That said, I appreciate any insights on here : )
        Good for you. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MargoChanning View Post
          Good for you. Good luck!
          Thanks!

Comment

He's a very eccentric guy. A bit narcissistic. But, he does have good taste in material and gets things done (for some clients, at least). I think he's the kind of guy you either love or hate.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
              He's a very eccentric guy. A bit narcissistic. But, he does have good taste in material and gets things done (for some clients, at least). I think he's the kind of guy you either love or hate.
              Thanks, CthulhuRises

Comment

Lee read a script of mine, emailed me to say he "loved" it and set a meeting for a day or two later. He emailed me an hour before the meeting and claimed to be ill, then never rescheduled. I know another writer who had the same exact experience with him.

I'm sure he works hard for his clients, but the lack of professionalism is a red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNeckJoe View Post
                  Lee read a script of mine, emailed me to say he "loved" it and set a meeting for a day or two later. He emailed me an hour before the meeting and claimed to be ill, then never rescheduled. I know another writer who had the same exact experience with him.

I'm sure he works hard for his clients, but the lack of professionalism is a red flag.
                  Thanks for the info, NoNeckJoe

Comment

I bought a video class years ago on Stage 32 that Lee did. How to pitch or write a query or something, I can't remember. But I *do* remember how erratic, hyper, coked-out, and totally air-headed he seemed. Virtually contradicting himself right and left. Not someone I would ever query. You know the saying, "nobody knows anything-? THAT was my impression of him

Comment

You're welcome )))

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                        I bought a video class years ago on Stage 32 that Lee did. How to pitch or write a query or something, I can't remember. But I *do* remember how erratic, hyper, coked-out, and totally air-headed he seemed. Virtually contradicting himself right and left. Not someone I would ever query. You know the saying, "nobody knows anything-? THAT was my impression of him
                        Screw him, too.

Comment

We communicated a few times. He asked for a couple of scripts. Didn't hear back for weeks. Then he sent me a private Twitter message passing on me. Which was fine because I didn't stop looking and found my new manager and an agent I love by the time he passed.

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                            Hmm. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
                              We communicated a few times. He asked for a couple of scripts. Didn't hear back for weeks. Then he sent me a private Twitter message passing on me. Which was fine because I didn't stop looking and found my new manager and an agent I love by the time he passed.
                              Okay -- thanks, Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X